bk kannan's profile

Senior Commentator

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 8:19 AM

Number porting issue for 4 months!

I signed up for Starhub plan in May. A phone and line for myself and a sim-only plan for my son. There was an additional 1gb Welcome plan included as a promo. And my son's number hasn't been ported from his telco till now, 4 months later! I paid my bills duly for a service that I did not use the past 4 months. I had to pay the other telco cuz the number was stilll active there. 

We sent multiple emails and made multiple calls to the customer care hotline and had to wait 5-10 minutes till they pick up and explain the whole situation to them again and again for an hour. No proper reply except 'we will get back to you as soon as possible'. 

5 days ago they called and said my number will be ported in within 24-48 hours. I was thinking all their poor service was coming to an end. However that night my number terminated from the original telco but Starhub had yet to activate the number. So I called Starhub the next day and required about the status and they now changed the temporary number to the wrong number instead of the number I requested. 

I called again and another customer care personnel promised that the issue will be settled within 24-hrs. But it wasn't! 

So I called again and explained my whole situation. Again they requested 24-hours! Their reasons were "your number is alr active did you try restarting you phone?", "There is a glitch in the system", "The system needs time to change the number" "we need to contact the technical team".....

VERY REASONABLE EXCUSES AFTER 4 MONTHS!

And the whole time we can't use my iBanking or Sinpass that is linked to the number cuz need OTP. And had bills to pay and needed to use these urgently. So I called the next morning at 10 and asked them to immediately fix the issue. I requested to talk to higher officials but they said I can't, saying they alr escalated the issue. 

Again they promised, that it will be fixed by 3pm. 

No news as of 4pm so I called again, and they again requested 24-48 hours! 

So I had to explain my whole situation and they again promised it will be fixed before 5pm. No calls till 6pm! So I went down to Westgate shop but they said the technical team in only in Jurong Point. So I immediately went to Jurong Point and explained the situation to the personnel at the shop and then only I received a call from a Starhub personnel named Darryl and he too requested for 24hrs time! 

I was too frustrated and tired to explain myself and left the shop after the person promised he'll do his best to fix it by tmr morning.... Probably the 7th 24hr extension after 4 months! 

He called again within an hour to and asked me to collect a new sim and the number will be ported in. Luckily I was still near the shop and I went to collect the sim. He promised that the plan and the compensation will be settled the following morning as the priority is getting the correct number to work. 

Now the correct number was ported to the new sim and working. HOWEVER, the number was linked to the 1GB Welcome plan instead of the 25GB plan that I was paying for.

The person called again this morning and said the plan will be sorted in a few days and he apologized for the issue. He mentioned that the number might not be useable when they change the plan porting and me data usage will not be charged extra till then. All good right? NO!

Few hours later, I didn't receive any OTP for iBanking so out of curiosity I went to check the phone number. Now they changed the number again without a even informing! No message notification, no call, no courtesy to inform the customer that their number will not be working even be it temporarily! 

Again I called the customer care and asked why the number changed again! They said the plan and number is being sorted out and could ask me if I wanted a message notification now to INFORM me that my number has changed! WTH!  I requested the customer care person to connect me to Mr. Darryl and he said he will put in a request. 1 hour and no calls from Starhub and the number is not working as well!

It is not fair for a customer to pay for a service they cannot use!

Not fair when there is no proper reply or accountability to fix the issue even after I made plenty of effort to remind them to fix the issue. No courtesy to inform the customer that the number will be out of service or update the status! 

All promises made when they asked for extension was not kept. 

How long does one have to wait for a simple number port in and how is it fair for me to have paid my bills and not be able to use my number in case of emergency and for essential use!

Worst service!

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

1 y ago

Hi @bk kannan, we're genuinely sorry for what you have experienced. It is never our intention to cause you any hassle. I know how difficult this situation, but unfortunately, I'm unable to help you with your concern as I don't have access to your account details in the Community for security and privacy reasons. May I trouble you to please contact my colleagues via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below so they can look into your concern and further assist you. Once again, apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. 

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

@Carla_P Recently I am experiencing a similar situation porting from prepaid to postpaid and I worried that the same issue will happen to me. I have been waiting for a month for porting to take place, but I have been told the number is alr postpaid. However I could still use my prepaid card and the postpaid service is using a temporary number. I was wondering if a physical visit to any branch with a technical team would help accelerate the process. Please advice. 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @user_1ce0d7, I'm sorry to hear that the porting of your number is taking longer to be completed. We will need to refer to your account details first to check the status of your porting request, however, we don't have access to your account details here. So, kindly contact our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below to further assist you. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started