Skip to main content

New Commentator

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Sep 15, 2020 7:01 AM

Multiple Spam Calls!

I have been getting 1-2 calls daily from Edinburg. The numbers are always different but starts with +441., so blocking the number doesn't work. Also my number is already registered with the DNC.. but I guess that does not resolve anything...

Is there a way to block overseas calls? Or block numbers starting with 441?

Responses

Carla_P

• 

1.6K Messages

5 days ago

Hi @ttelracs, I'm sorry to learn about your current situation. You may block the number just follow these steps below:

For iOS (Calls & SMS)

• Tap the blue “i” info icon beside the scam caller or sender. (Additional step for SMS: Tap the name of the sender.)
  • Scroll down the contact card and tap Block this Caller.

For Android (Calls)

• Open your Phone app.
  • Go to Recent Contacts. Tap the offending contact or number to block.
  • Tap Details.
  • Tap the three vertical dots, usually at your screen’s top right.
  • Tap Block Number (or Contact).

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

New Commentator

• 

3 Messages

Hi @Carla_P . Sorry I just added in my message that blocking the number doesn't work because the number is ALWAYS different when they call. Is there a way to block numbers starting with a certain number?

Carla_P

• 

1.6K Messages

Actually, you cannot block calls from their country code without downloading an app. But, are you using an Android phone? I read somewhere that you can block international calls from a particular country on Android, not sure if it works though. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started