Santosh Rai

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.2K Messages

Sun, Nov 8, 2015 7:00 PM

Introducing StarHub all new SIM Only Plans

SIM only.PNG

Stretch Your Dollar with StarHub SIM Only Plans

Even the best can get better. That's why, we are giving you more choices, value and freedom with our all new no contract SIM Only plans.

Ranging from $13.95 to $110 per month, StarHub’s SIM Only plans offer up to 12GB of bundled mobile data, data upsize options, 4G speeds of up to 300Mbps and the widest 4G roaming coverage, among other perks.

Our newly enhanced SIM Only plans, first launched in 2013, are now more attractive than ever. With SIM Only, customers who already have a phone can enjoy an easy and much more affordable way to get connected, all without a contract.

For new customer simply head down to your nearest StarHub Shops to sign up today!

Existing customers who wish to switch to SIM Only, click here!

Terms & Conditions applies!

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Responses

mill_sg

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Wow this is a great plan for those who doesnt need any device.

Truely value for money, does anyone have any information on how Starhub SIM only plans compared to M1 and Singtel?

Cool_Geek

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Hey @mill_sg,

Stuff.tv has written an article on the new sim only plan below.

check out the following link: http://www.stuff.tv/sg/news/heres-what-you-need-know-about-starhubs-sim-only-mobile-plans

Also below is the price table for sim only in details... hope the info helps. 

starhub-sim-only-plans.jpg

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Glad I decided to come here to find out about the SIM Only Plans. Called 1633, 1630 and went to the starhub shop at Hougang Mall and all told me I cant. Just signed up so hope to move over 2 of my out of contract plans to SIM only.

mill_sg

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks @Cool_Geek for the info, appreciate it! 

eric3743

Grand Guru

• 

4.4K Messages

5 years ago

Hi  @Santosh Rai 

Maybe suggest to include the statement #2 in the T&C, add to the last statement, to avoid;

as someone did jump into conclusion.

Alternately, include the T&C link.

http://www.starhub.com/about-us/legal-notices-and-terms/terms-and-conditions/consumer/sim-only.html

eric3743

Grand Guru

• 

4.4K Messages

5 years ago

Hi  @KWSW 

Both lines are under contract, so it is not available, as this may consider Termination.

What @Santosh Rai did not mentioned, this is NOT available to those with existing Contract.

Take not that Contract must be completed, meaning until end of the expire date.

Also it is NOT available if the contract have completed 21 months.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Refer to the link;

http://www.starhub.com/about-us/legal-notices-and-terms/terms-and-conditions/consumer/sim-only.html

And this statement in the link.

2. The SIM Only plans are available for new sign-ups and for existing StarHub postpaid mobile subscribers who do not have any existing contract commitment. Subscribers with mobile lines still active with any type of contract commitment will not be eligible to subscribe for the SIM Only plan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Hi @eric3743,

Sorry I dont understand what you mean by "Both lines are under contract, so it is not available, as this may consider Termination." as under "Manage My Account, both the lines I want to port over ti the SIM only plans are out of contract.

eric3743

Grand Guru

• 

4.4K Messages

5 years ago

Hi  @KWSW  

If any mobile lines is out of contract, you need to submit your application thru Online.

As it may not accept walk-in to sign up for SIM only plan for existing mobile line (out of contract)

Pls refer to the Link in  @Santosh Rai  statement,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to:

https://www.starhub.com/personal/forms/mobile/sim-only.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just walk-in to sign up this SIM only plan as new sign up And with Port-in mobile number from M1.

(M1 has this search function of your favourite last 4 digits)

As i am new sign up,  this statement applies;

--------------------

For new customer simply head down to your nearest StarHub Shops to sign up today!

---------------------

eric3743

Grand Guru

• 

4.4K Messages

5 years ago

To All Existing PostPaid Who want to convert to SIM only Plan After Contract Expire.

As mention in @Santosh Rai 1st post;

Link to:   https://www.starhub.com/personal/forms/mobile/sim-only.html  

The reason is simply.

New Sign Up required to go to the Shops because of collecting the new SIM card.

For this, when i sign up, i had to visit the Shop and collect the new SIM card.

As you can still use the existing SIM card, so need not go to the Shops.

The Online form is for you to inform Starhub that you intent to convert to SIM only plan.

This is like when your contract had expire and no wanting to have new phone, the existing plan still continue as it is.

This difference is that recontract you need put your signature on contract, in person.

SIM only plan do not have to sign anything at all.

Hope this clarify, especially why you cannot sign up at the Shops &or HOTline.

In the way, it will ease the Shops less those Customers waiting in the queue.

Santosh Rai

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @eric3743

The terms and conditions are located when customer submit their details.

For better clarity i have added a liner to state that Terms and Conditions applies with links to the full T&Cs. 

Thanks for your feedback!

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

HongHai

Esteemed Contributor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

hi, i don't quite understand this part

8. Can I enjoy CIS Discounts, Hub Club Discounts or Youth benefits with the SIM Only plans?

No. The SIM Only plans 50% discount is mutually exclusive and is NOT applicable with any other discounts or promotions, namely but not limited to:

–        Hub Club Discounts

–        Corporate Discounts / CIS Discounts / Partner Plan Discounts (discount and free VASes)

• Subscription Discounts
  • Youth promotions (free VASes, and free unlimited SMS/MMS)
  • Bill Rebates

e.g. if i currently has a CIS plan and if i want to change to sim only, what will i not be able to enjoy?

eric3743

Grand Guru

• 

4.4K Messages

5 years ago

Promotion &or Discount for;

1.  SIM only plan promotion is 50% off the Usual Price of the Mobile Plan.

2.  Hub Club benefit include discount, is for Customer with all 3 Main Services, namely, Mobile, TV & Broadband; as Promotion Package. All the Services must be on the same owner & address.

3.  Corporate /CIS /Partner Plan, has offer Discounts and other benefit are part of Promotion package.

4.  Subscription discounts, such as "Mobile SmartSurf HD" &or MaxMobile are discount off the usual price plan.

5.  Youth promotions.

6.  Bill Rebates is mainly for; such as; No existing contract, but using Bill Rebates as Discount.

As you can see, there are a few types of Promotion package.

Customer are allow to have ONE Promotion package per Service package.

Hence, you are only allow to choose ONE of the few package as Promotion Discount packages.

In any Company that offer Promotion package, the customer is allow to choice ONE type of Promotion Discount only.

@HongHai

Currently you has a CIS plan.

If you want to change to SIM-only plan, you need to terminate the CIS plan, termination fees apply if the plan is under contract.

Even if you switch to SIM-only plan, you cannot have CIS plan promotion &or discount.

------------------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Get Started

Get Started