Cliff's profile

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Nov 12, 2013 6:00 AM

Demand for a refund of my deposit fee

Dear StartHub, I am a loyal and faithful customer of StartHub for almost a decade now, always praising and defending StartHub over competitors like SingTel and M1, but this has came to an end.

I’m really curious about the billing systems in StarHub. I’m very impressed with how long StarHub takes to return some the credit amount to your customers or to even get back to the customers. We, the customers are given 10 days to pay our bills but StartHub took months to process a simple cheque to return to their customers. And FYI, this is not my first issue with StartHub. 

My situation is this, as a student pass holder, I had deposited $400 to sign up a line with StartHub and we all know that the deposit rule/policy still applies, now the range is $200 - $800 according to your site. So I called and asked regarding the refund of $400 and it came to my surprise that you StartHub said that I do not have a deposit of any kind with StartHub. Yes I have lost my receipt, because it was 12 years ago, but to think about it, how is it possible that I do not have a deposit????? IF so, how the hell would I be able to sign up with StartHub in the first place!? I’m loyal customer who always pays my bill on time (most of the time) yet being treated like this!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! I called in last month, due to the fact that my contract is coming to an end this coming week. Since StarHub is giving me such craps, I think converting my contract to SingTel or M1 will be a better decision.

I called in several time but your staffs keep telling me they are still checking about this and constantly giving me all these nonsenses! How it is possible for a company with such huge manpower took so long to find just a document! Seriously, I doubt on your company’s efficiency.  

Even though it is 12 years ago, but when the record is found or even if it is lost record for certain reasons, StartHub will still have to give back my deposit! Afterall, it is your customer's money and I strongly believed $400 on a fix-time deposit over 12 years in a bank would give you some interest wouldn't it? 

Due to discomfort and inconvenience, could I please seek you to look into this matter and I look forward to receive your explanation and solution to my matter. I had dropped StarHub regarding this matter and i urged you guys to look into it!

Thanks,

Cliff

Responses

KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

Hi Cliff

Let me look further into your issue. Could you drop me a Private Message with your details? Thanks.

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

8 y ago

LOL! Starhub losing their record is my problem!? you StarHub people are suppose to keep my record, if not, how are you billing me every month?? able to send bills for me to pay but do not have the decency to keep a deposit record of a customer! YOU ARE CHEATING MY MONEY!!

Howard Toh

Administrator

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

19 Points

8 y ago

Cliff,

I checked our system and our colleague explained to you today that there was no record of any deposit paid by you.
You then asked about your recontract voucher and subsequently hung up on my colleague.

I will get someone to check again to confirm.
KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

Hi Cliff

I will get the team to follow up with you.
Howard Toh

Administrator

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

19 Points

8 y ago

Hi Cliff,

I believe my colleague called you again to share the findings with you
The mobile line was only transferred to you from your family member about 2 years ago and no deposit was requested from you at that time. We also confirmed that your family member was not asked to put a deposit as she was already a PR at the point of sign up.

We trust that this sufficiently clears up your doubts.

Get Started

Get Started