U

4 Messages

• 

3 Points

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 5:30 PM

Data use continued after data turn off using Junior Protect Plus

I subscribed to Junior Protect Plus on 3rd July and using the app turned off the data for my child's mobile on 4th July. The request was successfully completed as per the app but I noticed that data use continued. I tried multiple times through the app but to the same effect. I emailed the customer care and after multiple email exchanges the issue is still where it was at start. To add to the problem my child not only exceeded the data use but also made online purchases using Direct Carrier Billing to Starhub which is another trap I was unaware of whereby payments to any 3rd party service provider can be charged to the Starhub bill without any requirement of authorisation and notification. My July bill ran above SGD 1000. After long exchange of mails with Starhub I could get the Direct Customer Billing blocked for any future purchases. I am also talking to the 3rd party service provider to try to get the purchases refunded. However my original problem of blocking data use through Junior Protect Plus still remains unresolved which if handled promptly by Starhub wouldn't have landed me into so much trouble. I have to seize control of my child's mobile to stop any more use which is not the way I want. The handling of the issue by Starhub has been frustrating. 

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Data use continued after data turn off using Junior Protect Plus

No Responses!

Get Started

Get Started