U

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Fri, Aug 20, 2021 3:02 PM

Data exceeded - seeking waiver

My mum has been using her phone line for years and this is the first time I received a shock on the mobile bill. It turns out she has exceeded her data usage by 22gb and this resulted in an additional charge of $222+. I've called in requesting for waiver but was only offered a $100 waiver at max. While I understand this was our fault, it was totally unintentional and my mum is 70 years old. She mainly uses her phone at home only and we only just realised that somehow her phone had been disconnected from the WiFi. I would like to seek a higher amount of waiver out of goodwill as this covid period has been hard on us and i hope starhub can understand that this was genuinely an unintentional mistake and help us with the bill. I also asked if there could be a way to shut off any data usage once the entitled 30gb has been fully utilised but starhub shared that they do not have such a function. To prevent such a thing from happening again, I have also activated the data alert to my mobile number instead for my mum's line. 

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

2 m ago

Hi @user_d9ecdd, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. Unfortunately, we don't have the authorization to give out waivers here in the Community as we don't have access to account details. Kindly contact our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below for further assistance. Thank you. 

Get Started

Get Started