watzdidz's profile

Valued Commentator

• 

5 Messages

• 

3 Points

Tue, Jan 26, 2021 6:21 AM

Data burst in a single night :'(

Hi, my data burst during a single night due to WIFI accidentally turned off and IPTV is running about 4hrs. By the next morning I realized it has already reached the maximum $220/mth cap. I only realized the StarHub app could only send warning notifications but there is no way to set a limit for data usage to auto cut. I would have responded to the first warning SMS when I had reached 80% data usage but by the time I woke up it's already too late. In total exceeded around 25gb of data.

This is my 1st time in 20 years with StarHub that I exceeded grossly due to my lapse and I called in StarHub to ask for a waiver or any other arrangements that seemed workable. Options were as below but the only option during that call was to try and appeal for a  waiver.

1) Can I transfer data from my other line?

2) Can I cut 25gb on my next cycle as I am on 35gb plan?

3) Can I opt to pay for an additional one month subscription at $25 instead?

4) Can I extend my contract let's say for another year if granted a full waiver?

As of current, I am granted a 50% waiver that still amount to $119 (which I considered still quite high amount to pay) when I actually hope any of the above 4 options would be a rather ideal solution that we could work out as a goodwill.

I do really hope that StarHub could take into consideration to my other alternatives above as I can assure that this is a one off situation and my 1st time appealing on such lapse on my end. Lastly, I hope future improvements on the StarHub app would allow users to  actually set data limit rather than turning on warning notifications only. 

Responses

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

8 m ago

Hi @watzdidz, I'm sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, the options you've mentioned aren't viable.

1. DataShare is only available for 4G Plans/ SIM Only Plans/ SurfHub Plans/ HomeHub Go Mobile plans/ HomeHub Go SurfHub 15 plans/ SmartSurf plans/ SmartSurf HD plans. It is NOT available on the #hellochange and the current mobile plans.

2 and 3. These options are not doable too. Moreover, we always advise customers to buy additional data allowance before they go beyond the limit of their data to avoid incurring additional data charges.

4. This last option is also not within our reach.

I hope you understand. Thank you for your continued support on StarHub. 

Valued Commentator

• 

5 Messages

• 

3 Points

8 m ago

I would buy additional data pack if it warrant to as it would be cheaper than paying by the excess limit bytes by bytes, in my case it just went from warning limit SMS and by the time I woke up it already burst till capped limit which is a huge amount to pay. There was no reaction time on my end as it was in the wee hours. I would usually use only around 20gb per month and felt that I was kind of robbed overnight feeling although it was my lapse to kept the door open. I really hope the StarHub app could introduce a data limit feature in future to prevent such lapses at the user end which can be costly to bear.

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Currently, we only have the option where users can set up “Local Usage Alert” which will notify them if you're running low on data. This also has an option to notify you on another mobile line. 

I've seen that you've posted an idea to have an auto limit/set limit on data usage through My StarHub App on our Ideas Exchange. Once your idea gets an upvote of at least 20, we will work to make this happen. 

(edited)

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started