Skip to main content
Prawnfart's profile

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 4:00 AM

Can i recontract my mobile contract 1 month earlier ?

Hi,

I was hoping for some answers here, as mentioned in my topic i wish to recontract my mobile contract 1 month earlier and I am a hub member(Which means i can renew my contract after 1 year of usage), in fact I am a platinum club member and I have been a starhub customer for as long as i can remember.

Is the above possible ? 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Laselle

Hub Master

• 

317 Messages

8 years ago

You would be able to make use of the HubClub discount when you are doing an early re-contract every 12 months. If it was not utilised before, you can use it to offset the $ 200.00 early re-contract fee. In this way, you do not need to pay cash $ 200.00 upfront + phone set price, since you mentioned that your current plan is not an iPhone contract. Smiley Happy

For example, mobile line 9xxx-xxxx, you use your HubClub discount to offset the early re-contract fee on 21st February 2013, you can only use it again in February 2014.

Not sure if there is an exception that can be done for you to re-contract in January 2013 though. You might need to call in to try and seek for an exception closer to 20th January 2013 though. Then again, subjected to approval. No guarantees that it would be allowed. You might have to be prepared for it.

Never heard before that you would be able to add in the additional months into the new contract though. Smiley Very Happy

:) ## Love does not die because of distance. It dies because of doubt. ## :)
Any views expressed here are explicitly to the best of my knowledge and sometimes in my personal opinion and not necessarily in the views by Starhub.
Laselle

Hub Master

• 

317 Messages

8 years ago

When you meant 1 month earlier, do you mean to re-contract on the 11th month or the 23rd month?

You would be able to do an early re-contract on the 13th month and if you had not utilised your hubclub discount, you can offset $ 200.00 from the early re-contract fee. If your current contract is an iPhone contract, you need to topup an additional $ 100.00. If it is a non-iPhone contract, you just pay for the price of the phone that you are re-contracting to.

If you are already past your 21st month, you are already able to do an early re-contract with no early re-contract fee.

Any views expressed here are explicitly to the best of my knowledge and sometimes in my personal opinion and not necessarily in the views by Starhub.

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

1 month earlier meaning 11th month. My contract reaches the 1 year mark on the 20th of February and i would like to perform an early re-contract. My current plan is not an iPhone contract and i would like to get the iPhone 5 this time round.

As for the hubclub discount, i have no idea what is that. Care to elaborate ?

Is there anything that can be done ? Like close an eye ? Smiley Tongue

On a serious note, maybe add on the additional months to to my re-contract 2 year plans.

Is it possible ?

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Is it possible for you to check if i am able to perform a recontract now ? Also, what are the chances of me getting to recontract 1 month before the actual date ? How does Starhub determine if they should allow this early re-contract ?

Laselle

Hub Master

• 

317 Messages

8 years ago

I do not know if you are able to perform a re-contract now.
However, you can call in and check with them if they can seek any exceptions for you to re-contract in January whereby your 12th month is due only on 20th February 2013.

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I did try calling and enquiring, but it seems Starhub does not allow 1 month early recontract. Was just wondering what are the exceptional cases and if i stand a chance at all.

Laselle

Hub Master

• 

317 Messages

8 years ago

Not sure about the "criteria".
However, time passes by in the flash of an eye. Why not wait till 20th February before proceeding with the early re-contract then? o.O

Get Started

Get Started