Skip to main content

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Apr 30, 2020 6:00 PM

Billing for Netflix

In April Bill for my mobile, I notice that I was  charged for $19.80 for Netflix under third party service.

in April Bill for TV, Broadband, I noticed again that I was charged for $19.80 for Netflix under third party service.

This is strange. I had been paying Netflix directly monthly using my credit card. This has been the payment arrangements since I subscribed to Netflix 1 year ago.

In the end, I am paying extra money to Starhub. I had check with Netflix and they confirmed that they had been received my monthly subscription fee from my credit card. They suggested me to check with Starhub why is Starhub charging me for double bill. 

This is the first time that I noted in my April bills with this 3rd party service and it was appear in both my mobile and TV broadbands Bill. 

I check with Starhub, they mentioned that there are other users facing the same issues like me and they are looking into it.

Anyone out there is having this issue too? Please revert. Thank you.

Responses

encrypt

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am facing this issue now. Was this issue resolved for you?

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Hi,

I had this issue too! The subscription was done in March 2020 and appear in my bill on April 2020. As Netflix gives 30 days free so they didn't charge me for it, so i didn't notice it. Then in May 2020 billing, Netflix charged me $19.90 for it, i called Starhub and reported it, the subscription fees was waived. I thought is the end, but in June 2020 billing, i see this subscription fee again! I firmly believed our starhub accounts has been comprimised. The Netflix menu in my Starhub setup box now is in Spanish and is subscribed under some unknown email address!

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

342 Points

4 months ago

Hi all, we highly suggest that you contact our Customer Care Support to further assist you with your concern. Apologies for the inconvenience since we can't access account details here on the Community. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

2 Messages

3 months ago

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

Did starhub return the charges?

I am facing the same issue and they are not providing any viable solution.

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

@Absence wrote:

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

Did starhub return the charges?

I am facing the same issue and they are not providing any viable solution.

Hi @Absence ,
Yes i manage to get Starhub to return the charges for 2nd time. Hopefully it won't appear again on my July billing!

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Yes. I noted that there are amendment subsequent bill for Netflix. Will continue to monitor for the next few bills.
Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

342 Points

3 months ago

Hi @roy_ong75, sorry to hear about this. Please contact our Customer Care Support Team on Facebook or Twitter to further assist you. Apologies, since we don't have access to your account details here on the Community. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

1 Message

3 months ago

Same here! I called Starhub and they kept insisting that this is between me and Netflix and has nothing to do with them. They just kept asking me to get help from Netflix and refused to entertain this even though I said it is a fraudulent charge. I called Netflix up and they said that they verified I only have one plan under the same mobile number. I called back Starhub and even sent them a screenshot of my Netflix invoice. I was told he would check with the billing team, but yet again the same liner that "I cannot guarantee because this is between you and Netflix."

I am said Netflix has no records of this charge and so the issue is why Starhub is charging me. Same liner "no this is between you and Netflix. It is stated in the bill this is a third-party service."

Seriously, it was such a frustrating call with Starhub. Maybe I was unlucky and got a really terrible customer service personnel. Either way, I have no idea if i will get a refund on this fraudulent charges. 

1 Message

• 

1 Point

a month ago

I am facing the same issue, I have signed up for Homehub service plan on 9th of Sep, 2020. But Starhub activated my homehub services on 12th Sep, 2020 only. I have created Netflix account on 12th via Starhub app and I can see from Netflix billling that my Netflix service is started on 12th and billing will be done via Starhub (they also mentioned in the billing section to conctact starhub for billling related details). As per the promotion Netflix will be free for me.

I noticed I am getting charged for Sep 9 to Sep 11 ($1.44), I never used the Netflix nor created an account with Netflix.

I spoke with Starhub customer care person, they told me it is 3rd party charges need to speak with Netflix, then I chatted with Netflix live chat agent they said this charge is not done by Netflix and they told me to check the Netflix billing page again stating I need to contact Starhub!

I again called Starhub, they said you have to call Netflix, chat agent will not have my account details!

Later I have called Netflix, they repeated saying they are not charging since my account is created on Sep 12th and my billing will be done via Starhub.

I am puzzled, confused, then wrote an email to Starthub regarding the same.

I have got reply from Starhub after 2 days, saying charge is valid contact Netflix. Again I have replied to Starhub that Netflix already confirmed they are not charging I need waiver of the extra charges.

Later on after 2 days, Starhub again replied saying for goodwill we will waiver the money! if I accept the condition that next time if Netflix bills me they wont provide waiver!!!!

who is responsible for this extra charges? that too Netflix is free with my Homehub subscription :( 

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

342 Points

Hi @ananth83, sorry to hear about your billing issue. Just to clarify, StarHub is only a billing agent for Netflix and does not initiate any charging towards customers, all charging is done by Netflix. And yes, HomeHub+ comes with a Netflix Standard Plan. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started