Skip to main content

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Nov 28, 2014 8:00 PM

$500 Recontract Voucher is a gimmick / farce

Hi Starhub,

I am a platinum customer pained by your tactics with the $500 recontract voucher, which I hope you can still do something about, and if nothing else, may other hopefuls learn from my mistake.

I recontracted a few days ago through your web order team and was told that the $500 voucher would need to be settled in the same transaction, i.e., I could not go the Starhub store to redeem or wait until a desired model was available. The web order team also told me that there are only a few phone models available (less than 5) and I need to choose from those models only. Most of the models that were quoted were about $270 and upon enquiry that can I buy 2 and pay the remainder in cash - coz I want to get the full value of $500 - I was told that was not possible. I could ONLY get one set, and the reminder voucher value would be forfieted. Upon further enquiry, the sales person suggested I go for a higher end model - Nokia Lumia 830, which is listed at $529 and pay the $29 in cash. I didnt realize that this is an obsolete, windows phone which is almost out of circulation and available at a much lesser price with other retailers. However, the thought did not cross my mind as I was under the impression that I was dealing with STARHUB and not a Sim Lim Square retailer. I did wonder why they wont even let me go to the starhub store and pick another model and/or other accessories, but didnt go too deep. 

Here I am, now stuck with an obsolete phone, which most likely you folks had already written off but some sales guy talked me into buying, so you just passed on your dead stock to me while making a cool $529 on the transaction !  

Well done Starhub, but you dont need to ploy such tactics to rip your customers ....... you can do better than that..

A disappointed customer

Responses

WXKwa

Alumni (Retired)

• 

331 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, can please send in your details to http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery? We will retrieve your email out to the relevant team for their urgent assistance.
========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am not able to access the Facebook link. Your team can reach me at xxxxxxxx after going through this message so I don't have to explain everything all over again.

Thanks

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Haven't been contacted by anyone from your "relevant team for their urgent assistance". What am I to make of it now?

A disillusioned customer
KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

6 years ago

Hey @him7

Let me arrange for the Customer Service Team to follow up with you.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is

Get Started

Get Started