Frustrated's profile

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Sep 12, 2016 8:00 PM

Booking of IPhone 7 online failure of Starhub

An email was sent to me stating I was eligible for the online booking of iPhone 7 on the 13th Sept  between 11am till 2pm. When I went into the website after 11am and submitted my IC no. as instructed, an error message stating that either I am not eligible or the stated time slot for booking is incorrect!! Wake up your ideas Starhub! Why invite me when you guys think I am not eligible? To get the records straight..I am perfectly eligible.....what is Starhub going to do about those customers like me who is going to miss this opportunity to book the phone?

Responses

Girish K

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

5 y ago

Which number did you use to call them? I have tried the 1633 CS Hotline but never get connected to a CS Member. Had to wait for over 30 mins on hold before I cut the call. 

Girish K

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

5 y ago

@ray1999 wrote:

I called and the CS gave me another link but when I went in, only 32GB models are left.  All the black are unavailable.  :-(

What's the use of this pre-registration exercise when those who pre-register are not even able to choose a phone.  I am going to switch one of my lines to another provider as they gave me $200 voucher to switch over.

Hi Could you give me the link too? I couldn't call Starhub at all and I just want a 32 GB model. Thanks!

TommyBong

Trusted Contributor

• 

23 Messages

5 y ago

Anyone received the SMS as SH CS promised?

ray1999

Respected Advisor

• 

42 Messages

5 y ago

I called and the CS gave me another link but when I went in, only 32GB models are left.  All the black are unavailable.  :-(

What's the use of this pre-registration exercise when those who pre-register are not even able to choose a phone.  I am going to switch one of my lines to another provider as they gave me $200 voucher to switch over.

zen1414

Honored Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 y ago

didnt work for me.... anyone else tried? 

zen1414

Honored Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 y ago

Only 32GB??? 

Then the people got caught in the technical glitch are guinea pigs for them to test their system and we are waiting for the "promised" SMS but no new. just like sitting ducks. 

zen1414

Honored Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 y ago

Quick update, SMS yet to receive. 

anyone else has any luck? 

hanafir

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

I do my booking at 6pm through the link send by SH, but after click submit button in only have blank page. When I want to repeat again, after key in my NRIC, I get this replied "Sorry, you have already submitted once before". I didn't get sms or email confirmation.

Can SH confirmed I get my booking?

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

5 y ago

The only text message i received from SH is to get it at SH shop/outlets/online from 17Sept/20Sept.

zen1414

Honored Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 y ago

Terrible experience... i wasted 3 hrs (waiting time plus talk time) with the customer service n nothing done. The customer service officer mentioned a manager will call me but until now no calls received.  

It's a wise choice to consider other telco since we're not being appreciated by SH.

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

It was a terrible experience totally with SH today.  I received the SMS from SH with the new link.  The fact is that link didn't work, it tooklike a zillion retries and 45 min into the time slot before I was successful.  I went through the whole process selecting 128gb black iPhone7 Plus, Starhub store and appointment time.  Mind you, I was feeling much happier and even beginning to thinking to myself that it's not so bad after all until I clicked the submit button. The screen blanked out and froze.  I didn't get any acknowledgement or Sms whatsoever.  So I thought I better book again to be sure.  It site went down again, when I finally managed to get into pre order site.  All the iPhone 7 plus were blacked out.  

What a horrendous experience and such disappointment,  I am thinking of switching everything that I have with StarHub to another telco.  I thought the service has improved and boy was I wrong!!!

Jolene_L

Community Relationship Manager

• 

1.1K Messages

• 

79 Points

5 y ago

Hi all, we're sorry about your experience. The booking for the new iPhone has now closed. If you did not manage to book, you can still get it at any StarHub Shop or Exclusive Partner outlet from 17 Sept or online store from 20 Sept, while stocks last. Find out more athttp://starhub.com/iphone Thank you -Jolene

-Jolene 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

crinkles

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

5 y ago

Hi Jolene. If I buy online on 20 Sept will I still be able to use my $50 voucher? Pls advise. Thanks.

zen1414

Honored Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 y ago

Then pls educate us what isnthe purpose of SH inviting customers for PRE-ORDER when you cant order anything while you're being invited??? Perhaps my standard of english is low pls guide.

The main purpose for us to pre order is to avoid waiting time and queing up. Else it literally defeats the purpose for registering if your website cant handle the traffic.

Get Started

Get Started