Skip to main content
Jason1978

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

Tue, Jun 4, 2013 8:00 AM

Very unhappy Customer. Complaint on Starhub's Unnecessary hard stand

Hi All.

First, let me say that prior to this matter, Starhub(SH) has been very good and prompt with their service & enquiries. And for my hp line I have no more contract with SH.

I am a loyal SH subscriber for the past 10-11years, so much so that I even recommend SH to my friends if they would like to change telco.

Even during the instance a few years ago where I could get more than what SH could offer if I switch telco, I chose to remain with SH.

My home Maxonline, Cable TV, Wife hp are all under my name. My Sis hp and mum hp all switch from M1 to SH upon my recommendation. 

Recently my Biz is not doing well (Self Employed), hence I got to drag my payments abit. In April my outstanding bill for mobile was 600+(3mths) , and I paid 400. Last month May, my outstanding bill was 400+(2mths) and I just paid 400 on 03/06/13. Balance 268.64 I assume would be for June or maybe May.

However, SH decided to cut off my line despite me calling to explain the situation and hoping they can understand. Apparently they are all unfeeling robots or what?

The line was cut last wed 5pm. I called using my friends' hp to call into 1633, and placing my sis hp number to route the usual voice recording to explain.

To cut it short, they said the fastest they can do it is by 24hours. 

So I waited.

Thursday morn came. Still NO SERVICE. I called them again and they said my request was turned down. 

SH told me they could only reinstate my line if full payment is received. I told them I would try on Mon. SH asked if it is full payment I told them I don't think so but I would try.

OK, so I got to wait another 12 hours and my line was reinstated at around 7-8pm. 

Still OK, not too bad. 

Monday morning came. 400 Via AXS machine@ 9.57am. Thought everything is OK so happily continued with my life.

Line was cut around 8pm.

Like I said, balance of 268.64 only.

I called SH Billing, spoke to person called Kenji. He told me no, he cannot reinstate my line. There is nothing he can do. In a fit of anger, I told him I would like to cancel all my starhub accounts. He told me if that is my choice I can do it. Angry..... said bye and hung up.

After speaking to him, I realized I did not get the person's name who said I cannot reinstate my line. 

So, I called again. Spoke to a lady called Meredith who after much pestering on my part, gave me the name KEN YAP, a team manager from the Billing Department.  

So, Mr. Ken Yap, do you want to lose a 10-11 year SH customer by being very silly and stringent on the rules or can you reinstate my line? Not that I never pay my bills, just late payments only. And each time is quite a big amount. 

Or would you rather let your company lose a loyal customer who has stuck with SH for the 10-11 years?

Mind you, in biz & banking, this is called BIZ RELATIONSHIP. Apparently, SH doesn't like doing biz like that right? I would suggest SH set up a biz relationship team like the Platanium Club which I was a member. Instead of focusing on membership & perks, focus on relationship building. Much more worth it.

Of cos, ur superior may have your back. But before this letter gets to the media or any other forums, I would like to know the reply first.

Jason Ngiam C S

Responses

Jason1978

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

still no reply from starhub despite me voicing my concerns.

called SH this morn, spoke to a guy called mint from the billing dept. 

He told me: No way will they reinstate my line. Nobody can authorise this. 

In addition, he agreed with me that SH is willing to screwed me upside down.

I asked him if i make payment can i reinstate my line within the hour. 

Guess what? He tole me it will only be reinstated in 2-3 working days!

Talk about efficency. They informed me that my line will be cut on mon 03/06 if full payment is not recieved. 

True enough, they cut it. But to reinstate it needs 2-3 working days isn't that FANTASTIC way of doing biz??

i guess they are not keeping with the times of quality customer service. 

Time to contact their ceo for clarification.....

Narusegawa

Valued Advisor

• 

33 Messages

7 years ago

This is a one sided story
From the way you described, you have been a very bad paymaster
Grace periods and leeways can be given but there must be a limit
Try opening your own company and see if you can afford to give such grace to your clients
Jason1978

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

True enough. But it only occurs when i need money for my biz. Are u a biz owner as well?
have you given credit to pple?
Have you ever been in the red with bills to pay?
i guess not.
I have. A bad paymaster, maybe. But one who PAYS. not one who does not.
I am a customer here. A paying customer is a good customer. Remember that.
if you say oh im a biz owner as well blah blah blah....yeah rite.
Go concentrate on ur biz instead of writing something on starhub page.
very free is it?

Narusegawa

Valued Advisor

• 

33 Messages

7 years ago

Rules are rules
Rules can be bent
I give my clients 30 days credit term but up to 60 days if they request for it
If they have been long time clients, I can make special arrangements but too often then I'm afraid I won't be able to sustain such a business relationship
But that's me, I don't have an elaborate system to automatically enforce any sanctions

All in all, yes, you can definitely hope that people give you more grace period, respond or react instantly but in the first place the person owing money is you. Try to be nicer and things will work out better for both parties. I don't think they have been rude to you and must have been apologetic that they need turnaround time to get something done for you. You, on the other hand, have probably been shouting at them and breathing down their neck. I believe that they won't want to face your wraith if they can get it done instantly.

Live and let live. You can send a pm to Kaiboon nicely to see if he can help you. Sending to the CEO will not help you one bit.

Peace out
KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

Hi Jason1978

I have received your PM. Let me see how I can assist you on this.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi, my father have been with starhub for over 10 plus years and loyal to starhub over the years, even i recontract also think of starhub first.

(1) And recently due to business failure due to some reason, my father have own a internet bill for about $800 plus minus the internet box, he still own about $600 plus. he own it for about 1 year and i start working in a company, i do enjoy some privilege from starhub as the company provided with this privilege. 

So i started to call starhub see if i can transfer the two telephone line to my own account, and the manager told me that the management do not allow me to transfer as he got a outstanding balance of $600 plus to be clear. I told the manager that he is currently financial problem so i wish to transfer the line over to my account as starhub could offer me some privilege but the manager told me that the management do not allow me to do so as i got an outstanding balance which need to clear first.

Guys, to be frank, my father is in financial problem but every month he could only pay the phone bill, so if every month he could only pay the phone, how is he going to get extra money to pay for his outstanding balance? Starhub is very unfair cause i enjoy some privilege in my account that why i wish to transfer his two line to my account but they could not do it.

1) How is my father going to pay for the outstanding $600 plus if he could only manage to pay for the two phone bill?

2) Is starhub don't allow me to transfer the line cause i enjoy some privilege that why they don't allow me to transfer the line?

3) Yes, is correct we own them $600 plus for a long period, but something happen that cause us to be financial, so if starhub don't allow me to transfer that two line over my account, how is my father going to clear that outstanding balance? 

4) i have two line currently in my account, i always pay the line on time, does that give starhub a reason for not able to transfer the line?

I hope you guys can reply to this as we have been loyal to starhub for a long period, i just trying out to help out my father in financial, and also able to ease my father worry over the outstanding balance and the monthly phone bill.

(2) I have make a wrong bill payment .

I call starhub to check my own account balance, after talking to starhub customer service officer, i request of a message of my bill account and the amount of the outstanding balance for this month bill.

I still keep the message that the starhub officer send it to me. i make payment after 3 days after i received the message as i was busy with work. Recently, my brother using his friend phone to give me a call, he as kem why i have not pay the bill, and my mind was i make the payment long time. After that, i was mad as STARHUB cut off the two line, i call starhub again to check with them. 

I got two line under my account and two line under my father account which i mention earlier in the (1) part. The first officer pick up and i give him my IC number, i ask him how come i make payment and they cut off the two line, at first, he checked and say did not make any payment, i told him that i did make a payment, i even give him the address of the axs i make payment at and the amount i make the payment.

He reply me with a sound of a annoying voice, that make me got mad. After this, both of us hand up and second time i call, the second officer key in my IC and i ask him to check and request for a manager to call back.

After 2nd day, the manager call back i told him everything, he check for me everything and in the end he told me i make a wrong account payment, his staff send me a wrong billing account and i make a wrong payment, then after afew days, he call and told to call axs to give me a confirmation letter of the payment i make in that area. i agreed with him and on that night i send the confirmation letter from axs to their email.

Then i make a call back the next day, by right if any of customer service officer hang up call or could say line got cut off, the officer should call back, but i call once and the line got cut off again, this is the second time, after that i spoke to the manager about this, i told him help me transfer the line over and in the mean time and also settle with the wrong account payment thing, the manager told me regarding transfer of line, the management do not allow us to transfer, and regarding wrong account payment, he ask me to call axs send a refund of amount to the correct account.

I call axs for it and they ask me to call the bank, i call the bank and they required me to go down personally to clarify my personal before they could give me the document the axs want. and i now have to waste stupid time to do such a stupid thing which STARHUB ppl give me. STARHUB people are giving me **bleep** to clear their backside? 

Guy, please comment and share around, i just realise that starhub ppl are getting far too much!!!! If i got a choice, i would rather use SINGTEL, i guess...

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

6 years ago

hey etmonster

Would you like me to help you on this?
Home is where the ♥ is

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

*tryingtobeneutral*

I dont understand why people love to use the word loyal whenever they need something.

I agreed with the previous commenter. Your father might be a bad paymaster. I do agree when your father say that he do pay.. But if he took his time to pay, it wont work. Just like your utilities.. If you did not make payment for few months, will you make noise if one day they cut ur electricity? Who would u call? The government?

Everyone have a business to run. Fair enough your dad own a business and now in downturn. But have you ever thought about Starhub downturn? If they receive every single customer who keep calling claiming thet will pay they will pay but in the end they did not and still enjoying starhub services, who will be in loss? I do agree if you were to say starhub is a big company. How can they lose money.

If you come to think about it, they dont charge late payment fee like others. This is because maybe they thought "why do we want to add in cust burden by charging late payment fee and adding to their o/s?" I have a bad experience with barious telco and im not siding starhub because they give me good service... What im trying to say is, if you can be patience and try to understand how things work, it will be a better outcome. For now, shouting and complaining wont get you anywhere... If your intention to speak to manager jus to get waiver for the so called "inconvenience caused", go ahead.. It will only show how cheapskate you are.. But if you want things to have a solution, be patience.. Some company have a standard policy to follow.. If currently uou can abide with the standard policy, i wonder how you run a business. If you want everything to be done in your way, be a boss in starhub. #justsaying
8geek

Senior Consultant

• 

141 Messages

6 years ago

Dear etmonster...

1) How is my father going to pay for the outstanding $600 plus if he could only manage to pay for the two phone bill?

2) Is starhub don't allow me to transfer the line cause i enjoy some privilege that why they don't allow me to transfer the line?

3) Yes, is correct we own them $600 plus for a long period, but something happen that cause us to be financial, so if starhub don't allow me to transfer that two line over my account, how is my father going to clear that outstanding balance?

4) i have two line currently in my account, i always pay the line on time, does that give starhub a reason for not able to transfer the line?

I dont quite get your situation. Must be mobile line be transferred to your name to clear the outstanding? If the line is transferred to your name, who is going to pay for the line? Also, from my POV why they don't allow transfer is (logically thinking) and giving an example :

I have a line with Starhub, I have outstanding of $500. Then I transfer the number out without clearing the o/s, I 'run away' already basically. I can don't need to pay for that $500. So I think that's why they don't allow transfer without clearing o/s. Of course you may say "So SH don't trust long run customers?", I believe business is still business.

Again back to my point, since you can afford to fork out a small portion of your monthly salary for your dad's line, you can also do it now, you pay double basically. Your father $20, you $20. Bit by bit but you will finally clear the outstanding Smiley Happy

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Singtel mate sod starhub there crap

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

This internet service without doubt is the worse in the whole of Asia they connect you up without security ie open network i am currently 4 meteres away from the modem it says no internet connection due to being out of range. What a joke you are Singtel for me already put my order in then i take this pile of crap to the store at parkway and tell them to shove it

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

There all arseholes

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Singtel great for your internet needs but crap on your tv needs i suggest you keep starhubs cable and join singtels broadband
KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

6 years ago

Hi all

Please approach me if you need any assistance.
Home is where the ♥ is

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Among all tele service provider in Singapore, Starhub is the worst one.

although we understand that tele service provider is kind of monopolize business, however Starhub is really the worst one.

they are the one who call us to upgrade the services from broadband to fiber.. and provide us the time slot to choose for the installation. end up they call to change the schedule and we dont' agree... they straight away don't come on the agreed schedule

you see how bad they are...

Get Started

Get Started