J

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Sat, Dec 12, 2020 5:51 AM

Starhub upgraded to 5G but coverage still sucks

I has with starhub since 2003 but then the network coverage still have not much improvement. Area of eunos and some parts of tampines is hell so bad. Is this the lousy  network we are paying for?

Responses

1 Message

• 

1 Point

6 m ago

5G speed is sometimes slower than 4G.

I think only the icon change from 4G to 5G

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Is true, I do have the same prob sometime and the customer service just tell me to stay on the spot to get smoother network. They never think of that we need to go work amd sometimes need to check on important emails. What a crap excuse they are giving. Paying so much and their service never change. Please fix the network between eunos and kaki bukit.

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

6 m ago

Hi there @Jerryedran82, and @hitmee I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your mobile network coverage. Please note that the 5G network coverage may vary and covers mainly outdoor areas only as of now. Rest assured, we are continuing to upgrade our network to enhance your 5G experience.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Thank for the reply Ms Carla.

Looking forward to hear about the update soon as this issue has occur for a long time and nothing has been done.

1 Message

• 

1 Point

3 m ago

I am extremely disappointed with the 5G coverage. Not only is it much slower than 4G, but it disrupts my video / audio calls when t automatically switches to 5G. I am paying extra for bad service. How do I resolve?

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @HariKR, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! I'm sorry to hear that you're having 5G connection issues. Please let us know where are you experiencing mobile network disruptions? Also, let me just share that the 5G network coverage may vary and covers mainly outdoor areas only as of now. You may refer here for the list of locations with 5G coverage. Rest assured, we’re constantly expanding our coverage, so stay tuned to this page for updates on our 5G coverage rollout. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Hi Carla - thanks. My issue is that when my phone automatically switches over to 5G, the internet quality drops. I stay near Tanah Merah. Places where I could seamlessly connect to using earlier 4G, now I find it difficult as it switches over to 5G, including when I am waiting for a cab in my basement. Is there a way to switch to only 4G while 5G get rolled out across?

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @user_21d8fa, let me just share that you will continue to enjoy seamless 4G/3G connectivity when you're not in an area within StarHub's 5G coverage area. Have you tried to reboot your phone to see if the issue persists?

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started