Hubbernauts

Hubbernauts

• 

152 Messages

• 

8 Points

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 12:05 AM

Starhub 5G Network Experience

If you have a 5G smartphone, what new user experience you benefited from the Starhub 5G mobile network ? 

Share your thoughts.

I am one of StarHub's Golden Gurus and I am here to help the community, especially the senior citizens. However, I am not an employee of StarHub and the content of my posts does not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Responses

Tan

Hubbernauts

• 

388 Messages

• 

11 Points

1 y ago

Hi PK, came across this article, interesting read

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-starhub-5g-network-testing-compared-to-starhub-4g

Hubbernauts

• 

152 Messages

• 

8 Points

1 y ago

Hi Tan,

Thanks for sharing the 5G testing report by Hardware Zone technical staff. 

I would like to see some test result that the user can experience using the 5G capable smartphone to play 4K video from You Tube.

Jolene_L

Community Relationship Manager

• 

1.1K Messages

• 

82 Points

Hi @Ham_Peng_Kuang! customers on the new Mobile+ plans will get to enjoy 5G with a 5G supported smartphone. 

-Jolene 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Explorer

• 

1 Message

• 

1 Point

9 m ago

Hi there,

I signed up for a 5G plan last month with the new Samsung Note20 5G. 

Unfortunately the network is not there yet and saturated. It disconnects very frequently, ending up in no data available and having to turn on and off the connection, making it unable to use. I had to switch my phone back to LTE/4G connection only to be able to have continuous connectivity, which is very disappointing. 

We do pay a premium to enjoy the 5G network, which is a lot more expensive than the 4G plans, but yet the infrastructure is obviously not coping or in place, which is a breach of the contractual services agreement. 

It would be good for Starhub to make sure this is fixed asap and not reproduce the issues they had on their 3G network previously. 

Hubbernauts

• 

152 Messages

• 

8 Points

Hi Yohan, after 2 months of 5G usage, have you discover any improvements ?

I am one of StarHub's Golden Gurus and I am here to help the community, especially the senior citizens. However, I am not an employee of StarHub and the content of my posts does not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub
Jolene_L

Community Relationship Manager

• 

1.1K Messages

• 

82 Points

9 m ago

Hi @yohanD Happy to hear that you're one of the early adopters of our 5G service. Could you share some of the areas and timings that you frequently encounter this drop in 5G connection? We'll let our network team know. 

Please hang in there as we work to improve our network coverage over time. We've just launched our 5G service this year. At launch, we had 53% coverage at Singapore’s populated areas and have expanded to 70% coverage in September 2020. The areas include key shopping belts, commercial areas and heartlands.

Here's a list of locations where you can experience StarHub's 5G coverage in Singapore.

Get Started

Get Started