rrmarriott's profile

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

Thu, May 9, 2019 7:00 AM

Postpaid 4g not working

My wife's post paid starhub line (Samsung S9+) keeps losing its 4g connection. Even after switching flight mode on / off, the 4g works, but stops again after about 30mins. This started happening last week after using starhub data roaming in Korea.

Things we have tried:

1. Replace the sim card - no difference
2. Reset network settings / apn - no difference
3. Factory reset the phone - no difference
4. Try a different starhub simcard in the phone. Also has the same problem.

5. Try a singtel simcard in the phone. This works fine, tried for a whole day and worked without issue.

The above leads me to the conclusion that there is a problem relating to the combination of the phone and the StarHub network, as it works fine on singtel.

Is someone able to check if there is some registration of the imei or other id number that can be reset at the starhub side?

We've called the support line many times, but no one has helped to fix this for over a week now. 

Responses

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

2 y ago

Hi rrmarriott

This seems to be a handset issue. Have you approached the Samsung service centres at www.starhub.com/personal/support/locate-us/manufacturers-sc.html so they can better assess this issue for you?

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

Hi Amy, thanks for replying!

I don't think this is an issue with the handset, as it works fine on singtel. (see point 5 above)

Hence the handset supplier aren't going to help with this as its only not working when the phone is being used on the starhub network.

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

2 y ago

Does your wife switch SIM Cards frequently? Please take a screenshot of the active APN settings on her handset.

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

Hi, 

She hasn't ever switched sim cards before changing the sim card for a new one a few days ago (see point 1 above).

We've already tried resetting the APN settings (see point 2 above), and this didn't help. But screenshot of the selected one is included here.

IMG-20190510-WA0003.jpg

Lyn L

Community Manager

• 

643 Messages

2 y ago

Please PM us the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance. 

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

Hi, I've sent the PM. 

Thanks

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Since last week when I port over to my new Mi 9 SE, this network issue surfaced. I initially thought it was a connection lag or the place I am was bad for signals, but today, the network stops every 2-3 mins everywhere I go. I had to toggle it between airplane mode to let the network work temporarily, at least for a few mins. This method was made known on a online forum where many users had APN issue.

Today, I even had issue of losing connection when I was on a phone call. I really needed help to resolve this issue. To facilitate rectification, these are some of the options I tried but not working:

1) Changed to a new SIM card (Same issue as the old one)

2) Restarted the device

3) Tried manually added new APN (https://apn-singapore.gishan.net/en/apn/starhub/xiaomi-mi-9-se), not working

4) Using Wifi tapping to network is fine, but mobile network itself still off.

Please advise what to do.

Lyn L

Community Manager

• 

643 Messages

2 y ago

Hi Gingin19, please PM us the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE

Meanwhile, you may place your SIM card into another handset to see if issue persists.

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

Hi, 

We're still having the problem described above. 4g is still dropping and requires the phone to be switched to flight mode and back to start working again. 

What's the solution for this? If starhub can't fix it I think we'll have to switch to another supplier. 

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

2 y ago

Hi rrmarriott

Quick check - does the issue recur when she swaps the SIM card to another handset?

Do update us via the PM you've sent previously.

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

2 m ago

Hi, although this is two years post. But may i know have this problem solved? I am facing the same issue now. Thank you.

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @user_84144b, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing mobile network issues. Just to check, are you on a postpaid or prepaid line? Also, have you tried the basic troubleshooting steps which were stated by @rrmarriott

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Hi Carla, I am using postpaid and I have done all the basic troubleshooting steps that were stated in this post. Is there any way to solve the problem, please? Thanks

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

In this case, please contact our Customer Support support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below. Apologies for the inconvenience as we need to refer to your account first to further assist you. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started