Skip to main content

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Mar 8, 2020 7:00 AM

Personal Hotspot

Hi, I am using a Starhub postpaid SIM card and my personal hotspot (on Android) does not seem to be working. There is WiFi connection shown on my other phone but there is no internet connection. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

2 months ago

I finally got my hotspot to work.

went to

settings-> mobile network->mobile data->Acess point Names (APNs)-> 

on thet page i created a new AP 'shinternet' use that now working

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

Hi, I have restarting my phone and checked that APN settings is set to shwap. But it still does not seem to be working. 

Carla_P

• 

1.6K Messages

6 months ago

That being the case, I highly suggest that you contact our Customer Care Support team on Facebook or Twitter so that we can further check your number settings' back end. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
Carla_P

• 

1.6K Messages

6 months ago

Hi @emelinesim, have you tried to restart your phone? Also, please make sure your APN settings is set to shwap. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

3 Messages

2 months ago

anyone solved this im having the same issue

3 Messages

2 months ago

i did that.. still no use.. even tried different devices.. trie to connect thru my laptop it connect but no internet.. all the while the sim card is working well on the phone only i cannot get internet thru the hotspot..i tried other simcards on the same phone and hotspot works perfectly..
Carla_P

• 

1.6K Messages

2 months ago

Hi @cyberazi, welcome to Greenr Community. We're glad to see you here. Have you tried to restart your phone and insert your sim in a different device to see if the issue persists?

~ Carla

Carla_P

• 

1.6K Messages

2 months ago

That's good to hear @cyberazi. Thanks for updating us on how you were able to make your hotspot work. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started