Skip to main content
singdons

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

Thu, Aug 6, 2020 10:00 PM

Cannot receive an OTP from UK Banking app

Hi Starhub, 

I have spoken to my UK bank. They are sending the OTP/SMS. 

I have reinstalled the app. 

I have restarted the phone. 

I have checked the APN settings. 

I have changed networks.

I have checked the Message settings. 

I have tried the SIM in another phone, dowloaded the same app, and still no OTP reaches the phone. 

I have tried howling at the moon. 

Nothing works. 

I have done everything that your team have suggested on Twitter (a very frustrating process, as multiple people attempt to solve the issue by repeatedly asking the same questions the others had) 

What is next to solve this problem? 

Thanks

Responses

singdons

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

Hi Carla, 

It most certainly is registered, and i most certainly am in Singapore. I have used the app before, and had no issues receiving OTPs, so to not receive them now is most frustrating. 

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

3 months ago

With that being said, we have to refer you to my colleagues on Facebook or Twitter as this will require us to check your numbers' backend setting, which we don't have access here. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

3 months ago

Hi @singdons, sorry to learn about your experience. Just to clarify, you're in Singapore right now, right? Maybe the StarHub number you're using isn't registered yet to your UK Banking account. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
singdons

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

Ok Carla, thanks. 

To be honest, the processs on Twitter is rather archaic. Numerous different people offer solutions (which is great) however they often offer solutions that have been previously been suggested on the thread (which is not great). 

I would just like a fix for my problem, as i notice that a number of other Starhub customers have reported the same issue over the years. 

Cheers

Dave 

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

3 months ago

Sorry to learn about your customer experience. At StarHub, we value our customer's feedback. And through your feedback and comments, we identify areas that need improvement. Thank you. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started