Skip to main content
GraceTan

Beauty Ambassador

• 

289 Messages

Sun, Sep 13, 2020 7:02 AM

Zombie Flick 'Alive' - #1 on Netflix Singapore

I like watching zombie movies and I love one that's good. There have been so many zombie movies and shows in recent years that it really is difficult to surprise audiences anymore. I have to say that 'Alive' is most certainly worth watching, especially if you have a Netflix subscription.

I watched 'Alive' on Netflix yesterday evening, upon my sister's recommendation, and found that Park Shin-hye is the female lead! :D Does this actress never age?! At one point, she's almost like a Lara Croft character, bravely navigating a carpark filled with zombies.

And Yoo Ah-in does a convincing job as the lead actor who's a video game live streamer. I'd have thought folks like him can play video games and go without food and rest for days on end. Haha! But we quickly realize this dude should have gone grocery shopping like his Mom had told him to. Thankfully, his neighbor (Park Shin-hye) manages to send him food to save him from starvation.

I like how this movie is frightening without being too gory. The scariest bit probably involves this firefighter:

But I think it's far from perfect as some bits in the plot are iffy, while others are somewhat predictable.

**SPOILER ALERT! Stop reading here if you want to keep the suspense and watch the movie. ;)

Predictable - (1) Neighbor comes to your home and asks to use the washroom (>_<) It'd be a miracle if he doesn't turn into a zombie and try to eat you, right? (2) When the female lead is drugged, bound and dragged into a room by a male neighbor whose wife and baby don't seem to be in the house, it is not 'rape' that is on his mind.

Unrealistic - (1) Help arrives in a way that's less than believable. How does a helicopter appear in the nick of time, out of nowhere? (2) A starving female zombie can keep quiet long enough for her husband to open the door to find out if his 'undead' wife has made a meal of the female lead or not?

If you like zombie movies, go watch 'Alive'. :) Meanwhile, I'm looking for other movies to watch on Netflix. Have a recommendation? Let me know in a comment below. :) 

(Image credit: EonTalk.com)

~

Visit Grace's award-winning blog now: http://workingwithgrace.wordpress.com/ :)

Responses

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

388 Points

2 months ago

Nice movie review @GraceTan! I've seen the movie too, which was good but if I were to rate then it would just be 7/10. There some loopholes tbh, especially, that fireman zombie who was able to climb the building, it's like zombies have superpowers lol. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
GraceTan

Beauty Ambassador

• 

289 Messages

@Carla_P part of the plot :) It was said that people who became zombies still retained certain traits or were able to continue doing what they did before they turned. Haha. So fireman can climb buildings to save (or eat) people lor. :D  

~

Visit Grace's award-winning blog now: http://workingwithgrace.wordpress.com/ :)
Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

388 Points

Oh I missed out that part then. I might be browsing my phone when that was being explained. LOL. I still think Train to Busan is by far the best zombie Korean film. Haven't seen Train to Busan 2 though.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Jolene_L

Community Relationship Manager

• 

992 Messages

• 

7 Points

2 months ago

I like watching zombie movies too and I'm always looking out for new ones to watch. I saw the preview of "Alive" and it's definitely next in line after I finish "Lucifer". 

-Jolene 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com.

Jolene_L

Community Relationship Manager

• 

992 Messages

• 

7 Points

a month ago

I managed to get some free time to watch "Alive"! I like it, there were a few heart-stopping moments, but not as gory as I would like Zombie shows to be. Reminds me of "I Am Legend", the one that Will Smith starred in. And ya! agree with @GraceTan - how does a helicopter fly so low without anyone hearing or seeing it only to appear out of nowhere? that was pretty convenient. lol 

-Jolene 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com.

Get Started

Get Started