Skip to main content
Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

388 Points

Mon, Jul 20, 2020 12:00 AM

MondayMusic: Stressed Out? Let's take that away with these songs

Life can sometimes be very stressful, especially right now that our everyday lives have changed. We are now living in a new normal, which might be stressful for some. But there are other people stressed out and fighting anxiety too on some scale. Whether you are worried about the new deadline your boss gave you, a family member getting sick, or the bills you have to pay ― you have a lot on your plate. Fortunately, this type of stress doesn’t have to take over your life as there are several ways to cope. Music can be the greatest help during these times of stress or anxiety. From listening to music to dancing, music might help you stay calm.

Shake It Off ― Taylor Swift

An instant mood-booster for you. Even if you are not a Taylor Swift fan, once you play this song you might literally shimmy your shoulders to let go of whatever is bothering you. It never fails to make anyone want to dance, which research claims dancing can reduce stress.

I’ll Be There for You — The Rembrandts

This is the theme song of the American television series Friends. If you watched the show, you’re probably familiar with its lyrics “I’ll be there for you.”  Moreover, if you have time you may want to binge-watch the show which might help to comfort and calm you down. Also, the show reminds you to rely on social supports from friends and family.

Three Little Birds ― Bob Marley

If you are having anxiety, stressed out, and depressed, this might give you a sense of freedom and love. With its reggae tune and Bob Marley’s voice, it’ll give you a sense of relaxation and fun feelings. Plus, singing the lyrics, ‘Every little thing is gonna be alright,’ might help you have a positive outlook.

1-800-273-8255 — Logic ft. Alessia Cara and DJ Khalid

At first, you might not like this song, but you would be able to relate to this once you read its lyrics. The song has nice beat and rhythm, but its lyrics are about anxiety and depression especially suicidal feelings many individuals suffer from. This will help you relate to others.

Bye, Bye, Bye ― NSYNC

The American boy band NSYNC hasn’t been active in the music industry anymore but their songs are timeless. Listen to this song, and it will bring you from an 11 on the anxiety and stress scale right back down to the functional range. 😉

Hopefully, you find relief in these songs and their lyrics, as sometimes music can be a wonderful treatment. Please know that you’re not alone when you’re feeling stressed and having anxiety.

Do you have any song recommendation to add in here? Comment them down below!

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Responses

No Responses!

Get Started

Get Started