Skip to main content
Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

342 Points

Sun, Aug 9, 2020 11:00 PM

MondayMusic: Nurse your broken heart with these songs

Heartbroken? Dumped? Dealing with one-sided love? You’re not alone with your aching heart. In these moments of extreme anguish and despair, nurse your broken heart with music. There is music for every emotion you’re going through from songs to cry to, laugh to, drink to, think to. Even just songs to stare out of the window, not thinking about anything much at all. These are the songs for your diaphanous heart.

New Rules - Dua Lipa

When you’re trying to move on from an ex, you definitely should listen to Dua Lipa’s breakout hit song laying down to you the rules on how to get over someone who still lingers in your life. So yeah, listen, memorise and apply her rules to your own life as much as needed.

Lyrics to live by:

One: Don't pick up the phone

You know he's only callin' 'cause he's drunk and alone

Two: Don't let him in

You'll have to kick him out again

Three: Don't be his friend

You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning

Somebody That I Used to Know – Gotye

After a breakup, it is more than likely that you will reminisce and think all about the things you’ve been through with your ex. With that, it will give you a little time and introspect that perhaps the relationship wasn’t perfect after all. That’s what this bitter breakup song is all about.

Lyrics to live by:

Told myself that you were right for me

But felt so lonely in your company

But that was love and it's an ache I still remember

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift is known as the queen of breakup songs as she knows a thing or two about moving on. In this song, she channels her relatable experiences about an awkward on-again, off-again state of limbo into the talk-singing that became a hit.

Lyrics to live by:

You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me

But we are never ever, ever, ever getting back together

Too Good at Goodbyes – Sam Smith

Do you sometimes think that you got used to all the heartbreaks, tears and pain you’ve experienced? In this song, Sam Smith tells us that it isn’t the first time his heart was broken and has given up on love. We can relate to him, right? We have had our hearts broken at one point and decide to close off our heart just in the fear of getting hurt.

Lyrics to live by:

’m never gonna let you close to me

Even though you mean the most to me

‘Cause every time I open up, it hurts

thank u, next - Ariana Grande

When you’re ready to move on and meet someone new, this will be perfect for you. In this song, Ariana Grande thanks each and every one of her past flames for the lessons learned from those relationships. Aren’t we supposed to be like that too?

Lyrics to live by:

One taught me love

One taught me patience

And one taught me pain

Now, I'm so amazing

No matter what stage you're in after your breakup, you're bound to find solace in these songs to help nurse your emotional wounds.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Responses

No Responses!

Get Started

Get Started