Paladin's profile
Hubbernauts

Hubbernauts

• 

207 Messages

• 

108 Points

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 2:42 AM

Some Interesting Places to Explore in Singapore (All Free)

Marina Barrage - Enjoy a panoramic view of the city with beautifully manicured lawns

Seletar Reservoir - Enjoy a quiet walk and nature. There are monkeys which make attempt to steal food!

Coney Island Walk - Enjoy a beautifully built walkway that links Singapore to Coney Island

Treetops Walk - Get a different view of wildlife in the tree tops with beautifully built suspension bridges

Learning Garden - Have a hands on learning experience. Thoughtfully set out

Labrador Park - Enjoy a view of Singapore’s western coastline, Sentosa and old forts

Southern Ridges Walk - Walk from Kent Ridge all the way to Seah Im food centre. Beautiful views of the city and trees

Bukit Timah Nature Reserve - Walk up Singapore’s highest hill and enjoy nature and fresh air

Sungei Buloh Wetlands Reserve - Experience Singapore’s wetlands. Often under valued. See horse shoes crabs, birds, monitor lizards, mud skippers and much much more

Changi Board Walk - Enjoy Singapore’s Eastern shoreline

And much much more :-)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Carla_P

• 

6.1K Messages

• 

3.8K Points

1年前

Nice photos @Paladin. Honestly, I haven't visited most of those places but I'm adding them to my list of places to explore this year. 

Paladin

Hubbernauts

• 

207 Messages

• 

108 Points

@Carla_P  Glad you liked the pictures. Singapore has much to offer. Covid 19 is a great opportunity to explore our own backyard. To be safe, suggest the following:

1. Apply insect repellent to be safe from dengue
  2. Choose to visit at the right time i.e. early morning and evening accordingly
  3. Wear comfortable walking shoes
  4. Carry a water bottle to stay hydrated

Recommend the Southern Ridges Walk

1. Start at Kent Ridge say 1600 hrs
  2. End at Seah Im Food Centre
  3. Enjoy the satay (only in the evening approx 1900 hrs), order a Bandung or Iced Tea as a treat to cool down
  4. Seah Im is right next a bus terminal, Harbourfront MRT so it is easy to get back home after the walk

Enjoy :-)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Carla_P

• 

6.1K Messages

• 

3.8K Points

Yes, that's true. There is so much to explore around Singapore even outside the city. And yes, we should be careful when visiting parks and nature reserves. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
Paladin

Hubbernauts

• 

207 Messages

• 

108 Points

@Carla_P Look forward to your write ups of explorations :-)

Jolene_L

Community Relationship Manager

• 

1.1K Messages

• 

82 Points

1年前

Thanks for this list, @Paladin ! Some of these places actually bring back memories. My parents used to bring us to Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and Sungei Buloh for walks, but these outings died down when we all grew up and got busy. 

Paladin

Hubbernauts

• 

207 Messages

• 

108 Points

@Jolene_L most welcome :-)

Paladin

Hubbernauts

• 

207 Messages

• 

108 Points

BTW @Carla_P @Jolene_L unable to edit and change to article instead of question. It prompts for topics and categories which I'm not able to add. Could you assist please?

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

6.1K Messages

• 

3.8K Points

When you post an article it requires to have a featured image, and select the category and topic from the dropdown list only. 

(edited)

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Paladin

Hubbernauts

• 

207 Messages

• 

108 Points

Thanks @Carla_P could add the image but could not add topic and categories. Without the last two would not post.

Carla_P

• 

6.1K Messages

• 

3.8K Points

Actually, users can't add categories and topics but you can select from the dropdown list. Do you mean you can't select the category GreenR Collaboration and topic GreenR Cafe?

~ Carla

Paladin

Hubbernauts

• 

207 Messages

• 

108 Points

1年前

This is very good

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/travel/best-walking-hiking-trails-singapore-13211126

Get Started

Get Started