Hubbernauts

Hubbernauts

• 

23 Messages

• 

11 Points

Mon, Mar 15, 2021 6:16 AM

My Long Battle Against Obesity - Chapter 3

I wasn't always fat. But I ended up struggling with weight issues for nearly 25 years to date. 

It didn't use to be that bad but somehow, the weight just creeped up on me and I couldn't get rid of it.

How did I get to that horrible point? Well, you're about to find out.

Chapter 1: The Background

Chapter 2: Growing Up 

Chapter 3: Voices

Once I entered school, however, things began to change - as all things do when you're thrust into a new stage in life.

I was made to interact with other children of my age and I began to realise we were very different.

We wanted different things; we thirst for different things. Everyone around me was all about friends, schoolwork, group activities and everything else.

Me? I was happy to sit down with a book and to ignore everyone else. It was easier but it wouldn't stay that way for long. 

Just as I ignored them, they ignored me. I was a shadow in class - no one remembered me or partnered me or grouped with me simply because I didn't interact as much.

It isn't malicious and there was no ostracisation at that age. It simply happened and sometimes, even teachers can only do that much when the person(s) involved didn't co-operate.

And in that way children had of pointing out uncomfortable truths - I started learning them about myself. I was fat; I was slow; We weren't friends; I don't know her... So on and so forth.

Chapter 4 will come soon. Stay tuned~

My opinions are my own and I am not employed or affiliated to StarHub in any way outside of my home and mobile plan subscriptions.
Carla_P

• 

6.1K Messages

• 

3.8K Points

10分前

For the nth time, thank you so much for sharing your personal experience and story with us, @AmyContrary. I really do appreciate it as I know this is a very personal story that you're sharing here in the Community. 

Jolene_L

Community Relationship Manager

• 

1.1K Messages

• 

82 Points

10分前

@AmyContrary Again, thank you for sharing your story. 💚

we need a love/care button on Community. 

Get Started

Get Started