Skip to main content

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Jun 28, 2020 9:00 PM

website access

can someone help or let me know why starhub would block access to the following website: https://www.brewmart.com.au/

I have tried using the same device but connecting using Singtel, and it works fine; but when I use starhub mobile data, or fibre broadband, it will not connect. 

any advice please 

Responses

Carla_P

• 

3.2K Messages

• 

1.2K Points

7 months ago

Hi @waynem, welcome to Greenr Community! Thanks for joining us here. Have you tried to clear the cookies and cache of the web browser you are using? Also, using a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

Hello, 

yes, I've tried that. and I've also tried to access the site using different devices; with singtel and then starhub and when in Australia, with telstra and vodaphone; and the result is that is all cases it is only starhub that blocks the connection to the website.  

Carla_P

• 

3.2K Messages

• 

1.2K Points

7 months ago

In this case, we highly suggest that you contact our Customer Care Support Team on Facebook or Twitter to further assist you with your concern. Thanks. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
Threndor

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

7 months ago

I also have the same issue with accessing my site www.wetalk.sg (a Singapore hosted site). Problem began yesterday. On home network (through starhub 1G fibre), wired or WiFi: phones, tablets and desktops can not access the site or the site's email server.

Switch any device from fibre connection to 4G and everything works fine. I have had other people test from thier home's broadband and all works fine.

So this might be a problem with starhub fibre. I went to my site logs and found that all non-fibre connections connected using HTTP/2.0, but the attempts through my home network (fibre) tried to connect using HTTP/1.1 and were rejected.

It seems that Starhub fibre connections are blocking or downgrading connections.

Threndor

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

7 months ago

I should add, It seems that Starhub fibre connections are randomly and inadvertently blocking or downgrading connections. I have not yet noticed any problems accessing other internet sites from my home network (fiber).

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

well, good luck trying to get it fixed. 

for the website I listed, it does not work on any StarHub network - wifi, fibre or cellular. 

I followed the advice to post here; no solution, then I tried to talk to StarHub via Facebook, that failed, then I tried to call the tech support - ridiculous, the call centre kept losing connection and dropping out. yup, their own tech support cant sustain a call. laughable.

in the end, I just used my wife Singtel connection. it works fine. I guess it a sign to switch carrier 

Threndor

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

7 months ago

Thanks for the update, discouraging though it is. Our situations are too similar to be written off and too technical for front line customer support. I will abandon this forum and try to find another way in to actual technical support. Failing that your last sentence sums it up.

Threndor

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

7 months ago

Only fair to update. As mysteriously as this issue appeared yesterday it has now resolved itself, through nothing that I have done. I have no more insight than that but accept it as it is. The net works in mysterious ways.

Get Started

Get Started