Skip to main content

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Apr 30, 2019 7:00 PM

Very slow download speed when switching to fibre

Hi, i just switched over from cable to fibre and internet speed is very slow. I tried all the troubleshooting steps and the download speed test indicate that the speed is only at 2.8 Mbps! Please look into this

Responses

simonN

Community Manager

• 

880 Messages

a year ago

Hi Sam, please try the local speedtest via wired connection. The link can be found at http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/device-trouble-shooting/broadband/perform-speed-test.html (MaxInfinity Fibre Home Broadband). Do you still face broadband slowspeed? - Simon 

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

Thanks. It is now showing 265 Mbps but all video streaming (across different sources) still extremely slow and pause to buffer every few seconds

JacksonTZG

Community Manager

• 

602 Messages

a year ago

Hi Sam,

Video streaming may be due to lag from the various sources, especially if you're using a VPN. Do try restarting your device, clearing your cache and try again. 

If the issue persist, please drop me a PM with your registered name, registered mobile number, Hub ID/email address and service address (including postal code and unit numbers) by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < for me to arrange for assistance.

Thank you. 

- Jackson

Get Started

Get Started