U

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Tue, Jul 13, 2021 6:13 AM

Starhub Broadband 1Gbps but only 250Mbps

I had subscribed to Starhub Fiber Broadband 1Gbps few years back, recently found out the speed test is getting slower and now only archiving 250 Mbps.

I not sure it is normal or not as I am expecting at least 800 Mbps with the 1 Gbps Fiber Broadband plan.

How can I complain this to starhub and get them to fix the issue? 

Responses

183 Messages

• 

181 Points

2 m ago

@user_0a58f0 Is it possible to connect the ONT directly to your computer or laptop, if you have any?

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

@Xillvion  thanks for the recommendations. The internet doesn't seems working when I plug the ethernet cable directly to the modem. The internet only working after the modem connect to the wifi router, from the wife router then connect to the pc/switchs.

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

2 m ago

Hi @user_0a58f0, apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. Please help us perform the steps below to resolve or get to the bottom of your broadband issue. Reboot all your equipment in the following sequence:

1. Turn OFF the power of the PC/Laptop, followed by the router and finally the Optical Network Terminal.

2. Ensure all your cables are correctly connected and secured.

• Fibre patch cord (yellow cable connecting Termination Point and Optical Network Terminal)
  • LAN cable (cable connecting Optical Network Terminal to PC/Laptop/router)

3. Wait for 1 minute. Turn ON the Optical Network Terminal power and ensure that the LED lights are green and steady. Then turn ON the router and wait for the LED lights to be stable. Last but not least, turn ON your PC/Laptop and connect to the WiFi network.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

@Carla_P all devices had been restarted properly including the modem, router, phones, pc and switch. All speed tests are still the same result.

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Since the basic troubleshooting steps didn't help please contact our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below as this will require further technical assistance. Once again, apologies for the inconvenience. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started