U

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

Tue, Apr 6, 2021 9:04 AM

Slow U/D Speeds for 1Gbps connection

Hello, I am having issue with my U/D speeds. I am subscribed to the 1Gbps Homehub plan and I'm getting poor speeds with a laptop directly connected via CAT7 ethernet cable to the Asus AC88U router which is then directly connected to the Fibre modem.

The last time I checked (probably end of 2020) I was still hitting 600-800Mbps for both upload and download on my connection but since I checked last week my connection was only around 100Mbps. Below are the test results I got today using the SH SpeedTest website:

Test 1: 3ms / 133.51Mbps / 93.46Mbps
Test 2: 4ms / 122.93Mbps / 94.75Mbps
Test 3: 3ms / 146.54Mbps / 94.35Mbps

Appreciate the assistance as I am planning to stream a community event through my internet connection.

Thanks in advance!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

6 m ago

Hi @UTbee1896, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Please help us perform some basic troubleshooting steps below to resolve or get to the bottom of your broadband issue.

Reboot all your equipment in the following sequence:

1. Turn OFF the power of the PC/Laptop, followed by the router and finally the Optical Network Terminal.

2. Ensure all your cables are correctly connected and secured.
     > Fibre patch cord (yellow cable connecting Termination Point and Optical Network Terminal)
     > LAN cable (cable connecting Optical Network Terminal to PC/Laptop/router)

3. Wait for 1 minute. Turn ON the Optical Network Terminal power and ensure that the LED lights are green and steady. Then turn ON the router and wait for the LED lights to be stable. Last but not least, turn ON your PC/Laptop and connect to the WiFi network.

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

Hi Carla, 100% worked! I updated the router firmware first then followed your instructions. 

Test 4: 2ms / 970.97Mbps / 983.63Mbps

Thank you very much

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

That's good to hear. Have a nice day! 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started