Skip to main content
lazzydidi

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

Mon, Sep 9, 2013 6:00 AM

Relocation of services

I am very disappointed with the services provided by Starhub.

I’ve been waiting for the call from Starhub Customer Call centre regarding the relocation of the open net fibre over at my new house. After two weeks, which is 9 September 2013, a person finally called back and tell me the relocation procedures. I called a total of 3 times over two weeks. But all these are okay.

The person then told me to relocate the fibre internet connection cost me over $100, the person coming down to install cost $50 plus dollars, and an activation fee of $30 over dollars. This is ridiculous! A total of $192+ dollars to reactivate my internet just because I moved house? 

I asked the price of cancelling the internet connection and it costs only $150. If I signed up for Singtel open fibre everything is free, no installation costs and activation fee. Why is Starhub after service so ridiculous? This kind of service should be free isn’t it? If not it makes more sense to cancel the contract and switch over to Singtel.

Another issue is, they are not providing a overall solution for my cable tv, phone, and internet. I'm moving house, everything including billing has to change. But i have to make a call one by one, and wait for them to contact the "relevant department" to call back which takes i don't know how long. 

My family have been a loyal customer of Starhub since many years ago. My whole family phone subscription is under Starhub, Cable tv, and internet. It’s saddening to know that the service charge after service is so bad and ridiculous.

Please advise what optimal or best solution you can provide. Hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Responses

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

7 years ago

Is your subscription still in contract? If it's not why do you even have to pay the S$150? The link below mentioned only installation charges, but there is no mention of termination, and rightfully there shouldn't be one except that you usually have to return the equipment yourself at Starhub shop.

http://www.starhub.com/content/support/broadband/termsandconditions/maxinfinityinternetaccess.html#11
KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

Hi lazzydidi

Have anyone callback to you? If no, let us assist you further.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I was offered $139 to change the MaxInfinity service address!

Ridiculous! Starhub trying to rip consumer off!!!

Better relocate our contract to other operator! Pui!

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

Hi FcukStarhub

Let me clarify. No matter which ISP you are on. The charge of $100 for relocation is applicable. It is being billed on behalf of Nucleus Connect
Home is where the ♥ is

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

It's a total rip-off. There is absolutely no hardware installation involved, all the cabling connections were done by me (even otherwise this has to be resolved by your technical support team), no personnel involved for any kind of installation, and absolutely no technical assistance provided for relocation. On top of it all, your sales folks indicated that there are no charges involved for relocation to a new address (except for any hardware installation for opennet) when I took my 2 year contract. Misinformation, false promise, and now daylight looting in the name of fee. Hate your service.

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

As indicated earlier, none of this was told when your sales folks sold me the 2 year contract, even after I specifically asked about any relocation charges. Also, I don't see what back-end (should we call it high-end) technical aspects are involved which warrants close to SGD 190 as charges!!!
KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

As mentioned, it is being billed on behalf of Nucleus Connect.

I understand that from the consumer's point of view, there is no actual and manual transfer of service. However, there is backend changes to be done and Nucleus Connect is charging for this.
Home is where the ♥ is

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Sad to say, I am also another very dissapointed loyal customer with Starhub who is having issues with the Relocation Fees. Having needing to pay $192 dollars to relocate my Fibre is absolutely outrageous. Although I have to pay $250 to terminate my contract, I still feel that it is still very much worth while given the fact that I can get a higher internet speed with Starhub competitors. I am sure that Starhub should be able to work out some ways to help your customers. Come one, how often do you think your customers has to move house. 

I am still waiting for Starhub Customer Care to call me back on my issues and if they still want us to stay on with them, I am hoping that you help us with some sort of comprimise. If not, ADIOUS. 

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

Hi All

If you require any further assistance, please drop us your details over at bit.ly/StarHubQuery.

Thanks.
Home is where the ♥ is
ShihuiFoo

Valued Contributor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

I am a disappointed customer too. Call starhub to check on the relocation fees. Total add up to $192, so expensive. Worst, I request to have my relocation done on 24 July and the customer service said they will get the technical support to call. But in the end, they only get back to me on 30 July that the relocation can only be done after 6 Aug. I asked to put on hold first, until I get back to confirm. But yesterday I received a call and told me that the relocation can be done on 6 Aug if not there will be disruption. What?!?! I seems to be force to do this relocation by this date. This is ridiculous. In the end, I told them to fix it on this coming thur. But yet they cut off my fibre yesterday night. Now I am down without internet. What kind of service is this. Don't know why starhub works this way.
KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

6 years ago

Let me get the Customer Service Team to assist you further. Thanks.
Home is where the ♥ is
hanojc

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I just had the worst call an hour ago with your rep.

We are about to move out on the last wekk of november this year and so far, the only thing I had been doing is to know what is starhub's regulation on Fiber Services. (do take note, that I have 2 internet connection at home. 1 50MB broadband and 1 Fiber PLUS TV services and Landline for almost 4 years!!!)

I had specifically asked for this relocation thing when I upgraded my internet service from 100MB Broadband to Fiber, CLEARLY there was no statements whatsoever on the fees for relocation. For christ sake guys! you've been providing your customers for free internet activation "ALWAYS" whenever a relocation is concern for broadband internet, why should it be different with FIBER Services??!!

Right before I composed this message, I read the terms and conditions over and over and over again if it will state the $195 fee for change of address, THERE WAS NONE!!!! PERIOD!!! and your rep on the line kept on saying that there is, though it is not stated on the contract.

It is clear that there is no charges nor stated on the Acknowledgement letter that I signed that I will need to pay this relocation fee, there is even no clause that states that "there will be a a charge for change of address". 

So our question as a consumer, as a loyal customer to starhub is, why would there be such fee's to collect?

Let's say that your contractor which I dont know maybe opennet or the likes, may be charging you for it, but why it wasn't mentioned to us?

There must be atleast a warning to us, right before we sign the effin' contract!!! but nothin.. so how??? just pay the fee and get over it??? deym!

ShihuiFoo

Valued Contributor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

I can understand your frustration, why are we charge for relocation when it should be a service that Starhub should have provided for free, especially for customers who renew their contract.

To be frank, I faced a lot of issues with Starhub. First was the relocation date and the charges that I need to bear. Then stupidly enough during my re-contract, I didnt take the new router because the customer officer advice that I can still use my old router and I will be given 3000points which didnt come into my account at all. In the end, this old router died one week after my long awaited relocation since Aug. Afterwhich, they mentioned I will have to pay for a new router. I refused because it was Starhub customer officer that advice me this old router can still be used and why should I pay. They then mentioned about using my points to redeem a new router but the problem was i didnt receive the 3000points previously so I dont have enough points to redeem. I demand my points to be given back and they took a week or more to check and anoter week to release the points, then another two weeks to redeem the router, another week to get the Opennet to release a new modem to match with the new router. This whole thing took me from Aug till now, then it was so called completed.

It was really disappointing and frustated to go through these weeks of calling and follow up before things can be done. What's more... I realised that they also charged wrongly for bills on these few months, I had to call in to ask them to make adjustments on the fees. They also promised to make compension for these few weeks of disruption on my internet but it was never done in my bills at all.

So my advice for the people who are doing relocation. Please confirm with them all the necessary date and time that the internet can be relocated before moving over. Also ensure you check on the bills for the periods properly during relocation to avoid any unnecessary charges. When recontract, just take whatever new devices that they provide. If points are to be given, ensure you follow up on it if not you will have a hard time to get it when you want to use them by the time you need it.

Thats all the advice I can provide. Finger cross that my internet will not give me anymore issue till my contract is up.

hanojc

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Honestly, I am now looking at ViewQuest. I effin' hated this kind service so much that I regret getting recontracted for another 2 years!! If it is not only with my wife, personally I will not renew anymore.

I guess someone or atleast a moderator is monitoring this forums here, right? or perhaps we maybe barking on the wrong tree?

So what you gonna do starhub management? keep on giving false information on your customers and in no time, you gonna be losing a lot of good ones.

what you gonna do with this unruly relocation charges for your Fiber Services??? Jesus, $195 for relocation? much expensive than getting a new line?? come on!!!

I gonna be relocating soon, I mean, as in next month already... and it aint far! only within 200 meters away from my current address. I am so pissed with this horse sh#@ fee!

Honored Contributor

• 

73 Messages

6 years ago

Charging is one thing that eeks me. Service is bad as well. For the past 2 weekends, SH fibre is down with no notice on their website. Luckily, my SH fibre is on free trial for 1 year. Look like I will give it up once the free trial is over. 

Management of SH please up your game. Stop charging us for all small things. Please beef up your service providers and connection of fibre.

Get Started

Get Started