Skip to main content
Y

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Thu, Jan 7, 2021 1:49 AM

Random disconnection at almost fixed interval

My router is forcingly disconnecting few of my devices after a few hours duration. So it will always be .XX minute of the hour, if I reboot the router this .XX minute will then change. The number of hours until each disconnection is not exactly fixed, few to 10 of hours.

I have checked by DHCP lease renewal, it is not due to that as it is set to 7 days. 

I can see from my router log, prior to the disconnection, the router received some request from STARHUB. The disconnection is temporary and takes a minute to reconnect but yet it is very disruptive due to its multiple occurence per day. Please advise. 

Responses

Carla_P

• 

3.5K Messages

• 

1.5K Points

2 months ago

Hi @yokuni91, sorry to hear that you're having issues with your internet connection. Just to check, what router are you using? Also, have you tried to reboot both your ONT and router to refresh your connection? 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

2 months ago

Yes I have tried a full reboot on both ONT and router. It only changes the 'time' it disconnect to a different minute of the hour. 

Router model DIR 868-L. 

Carla_P

• 

3.5K Messages

• 

1.5K Points

In this case, we need to refer you to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below so they could further assist you. Thank you. Once again, apologies for the inconvenience. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Well the facebook messenger is providing only automated bot response, I have yet to receive any real technical support so far. 

After digging in further, it seems STARHUB is renewing my DHCP every 3-6 hours. It is written in the router log, that it's only for 21600s (i.e., 6 hours). How is this so short? Are we expected to have a disconnection at every 3-6 hour? This is very disruptive. 

Carla_P

• 

3.5K Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Please be informed our chatbot on Facebook will give you an option to get assistance from our agents if it's unable to answer your query. Unfortunately, I'm unable to assist you with your concern as this requires further technical assistance. Thank you.

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started