kon_sg's profile

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

Tue, Mar 19, 2019 7:00 AM

Maxinfinity Fibre - High Ping & Low Speed during peak period

Anyone having issue with high ping and slower internet speed during peak hours - between 8pm to midnight?

Start noticing the problem first week of March, Samknows box registering similar result (dropping to as low as <100Mbps) - am on 1Gbps plan. Test from 2am onwards return to normal (high 800Mbps download speed & <3ms ping)

Coincidentally, public IP was moved to 101.xxx.xxx.xxx range when problem started (could be a coincidence though)... The high ping seems to start from Starhub gateway? Contacted starhub, was told still investigating...

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 101.127.244.1 - 0 | 881 | 881 | 66 | 113 | 175 | 109 |
| an-ts-br05.starhub.net.sg - 0 | 880 | 880 | 65 | 112 | 179 | 116 |
| 183.90.44.177 - 0 | 881 | 881 | 64 | 118 | 319 | 106 |
| s6-0-1-3-r10.cyberway.com.sg - 0 | 881 | 881 | 63 | 111 | 171 | 106 |

P/S: test result are all done on Gbps lan, so definitely not wifi issue, and EVERY device in the household producing similar result (so wifi device will get even worst result)

Responses

sandtang

Senior Contributor

• 

13 Messages

2 y ago

Thanks Amy, have done all that and had posted info in this thread to share with the community.
Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

2 y ago

Hi sandtang

I'm awaiting your PM with your details so I can arrange for technical assistance. Let me know soon.

sandtang

Senior Contributor

• 

13 Messages

2 y ago

I've also previousy sent info to your colleague via PM and they've followed up already.

Esteemed Commentator

• 

13 Messages

• 

8 Points

2 y ago

Am having the same issue. 1 GB fibre has a download speed of 250MB! Just upgraded in Mar. Please send someone to check. WO # 1-304225398841

ajw

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 y ago

@kon_sg Did the problem go away after your gateway changed? Getting really frustrated.

Jere_Lim

Community Manager

• 

1.1K Messages

2 y ago

Hi santang, kindly let us know if you require any assistance. Thank you 

ajw

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 y ago

@kon_sg I noticed that on weekday, the ping spike always happen around 9pm to 11pm while on the weekend, the problem comes in around 10 plus to midnight. This might explain why on saturday your engineer did not detect anything and it might be a concidence that the problem start when engineer called to change Ip address. Anyways, the network backend still refuse to admit there is a problem and still no confirmation for my appoinment at 10pm. I guess they are just waiting for some higher up to fk them up before they wake up their idea and start to do something about it,or maybe they have no idea what they are doing.

debbiefa

Community Manager

• 

842 Messages

2 y ago

Hi VKSG, please PM us with the account details to arrange for assistance, https://bit.ly/2S5w5qq   

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

From what I was told, there is just no one in the network centre at night - so for the last 2 months they only check for issue during office hours.

So, all these complain/escalation has gone to deaf ears, they are just waiting for a big outage before they would wake up Smiley Happy

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

@ajw wrote:

@kon_sg Did the problem go away after your gateway changed? Getting really frustrated.

So, on Thursday I requested for a new IP (and coincidentally a new gateway - 101.127.64.1). Thursday & Friday evening, usual stuff, high ping & low bandwidth.

Starhub engineer suppose to come on Sat 9:30pm. I start 'monitoring' from 8pm, and mysteriously, NOTHING WENT WRONG, in my heart die liao, nothing to show Starhub.

Engineer arrived, I explained to him about the history, see that there's nothing wrong on that day. Sighz.. then he went to request IP change... and voila... problem came back! Don't know want to be happy or sad.

So he went about talk to the main office and do his stuff, one hour later, came to same conclusion as my first post. High ping & low bandwidth, nothing wrong with my equipment here. Starhub end need to check.

Good news is I'm back to the other 101.127.64.1 gateway now.. let's see if it get better in two day times. But honestly I'm not risking... already contacted red camp since they seem to be offering "cable upgraders' 2 year free broadband lol

To Starhub - there is definitely something wrong with some of your equipment, just because only a few complain now doesn't mean you don't have an issue - better you fix this early for benefit of all than to wait for this become an outage altogether. So please get your network team to check during evening -8:30pm to 11:30pm... there is NOTHING WRONG any other time!

ajw

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 y ago

So the CSO was lying to me when i asked them what time was the troubleshooting conducted at the backend and he told me around 1045pm. Idk what is so hard about changing our route through different gateway to see if the problem still persists.

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

@ajw wrote:

So the CSO was lying to me when i asked them what time was the troubleshooting conducted at the backend and he told me around 1045pm. Idk what is so hard about changing our route through different gateway to see if the problem still persists.

the troubleshooting are probably done by CS to check whether there is signal etc.

The poor guy that came yesterday evening, after one hour plus of trying to cycle IP with his office, he only see a grand total of 3 different IP (4 if you include the one that I was originally using) lol

ajw

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 y ago

So the engineer that came saw the high ping already and what is the conclusion? He will inform backend and case closed?

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

@ajw wrote:

So the engineer that came saw the high ping already and what is the conclusion? He will inform backend and case closed?

Backend network will check (during office hour), and ask CS to call me and tell me nothing is wrong, they've done all they can =))

ajw

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 y ago

Why do I feel like they will reply you there is no problem in the backend?Smiley Very Happy

Get Started

Get Started