kon_sg's profile

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

Tue, Mar 19, 2019 7:00 AM

Maxinfinity Fibre - High Ping & Low Speed during peak period

Anyone having issue with high ping and slower internet speed during peak hours - between 8pm to midnight?

Start noticing the problem first week of March, Samknows box registering similar result (dropping to as low as <100Mbps) - am on 1Gbps plan. Test from 2am onwards return to normal (high 800Mbps download speed & <3ms ping)

Coincidentally, public IP was moved to 101.xxx.xxx.xxx range when problem started (could be a coincidence though)... The high ping seems to start from Starhub gateway? Contacted starhub, was told still investigating...

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 101.127.244.1 - 0 | 881 | 881 | 66 | 113 | 175 | 109 |
| an-ts-br05.starhub.net.sg - 0 | 880 | 880 | 65 | 112 | 179 | 116 |
| 183.90.44.177 - 0 | 881 | 881 | 64 | 118 | 319 | 106 |
| s6-0-1-3-r10.cyberway.com.sg - 0 | 881 | 881 | 63 | 111 | 171 | 106 |

P/S: test result are all done on Gbps lan, so definitely not wifi issue, and EVERY device in the household producing similar result (so wifi device will get even worst result)

Responses

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

Starhub.

Officially given up on you.

The only things I hear from you after so many days is another set of standard reply: -

1. Nothing wrong with your modem sir, signal quality is good (I also know, don't need you to tell me)
  2. Nothing wrong with the line (I also know, coz there is nothing wrong for like 20 hours a day, the 4 important hours is a different story)
  3. You need to do test directly from the ONT with a different device, coz that device that you tested with could be faulty. The computer also must have direct ethernet port, not those that uses a dongle...
    >>> Really, everything in the household decide to slow down together during peak period? There is not enough test result, you want me to do more test, send them to you only for you to sweep underneath the carpet? You can't test it during the reported hours that will make your everything crytallise in front of you? You need me to bring all my computer to the ONT to do the test again despite your unwillingness to see for yourself the issue? You die die test it during your working hours instead during the slowdown?
  4. Our last appointment is at 8:30pm - so you're telling me if **bleep** happen after 8:30pm we suck thumb? Can I humbly request for you to refund me whatever subscrition that I paid since 1st March and we part way amicably? Swee? And while you're at it - cancel everything else that is under my name with Starhub? Can?
Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

2 y ago

Hi kon_sg

I've alerted the team of your request. Rest assured my colleagues will be in touch.

sandtang

Senior Contributor

• 

13 Messages

2 y ago

Update the community:

Couple of days after I submitted info via PM as requested, a starhub staff called me 2 days ago at 10pm to request for screenshot using starhub speedtest ideally with date and time shown so that he can escalate. He then sent me an SMS containing their email address to send to and the 13 digit report number I had to hand type into my email.

This is the screenshot I sent (LAN Connection 29 Apr 10pm):

starhub local LAN 28 Apr.png

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

Actually i do see some improvements, but can't really say it's fixed.. Rather than a consistent high ping, I'm now seeing fluctuations during peak period - one second very low, next second go back up... so it's yoyo-ing, could be people using the bandwidth on/off... but stilll.... haiz....

itzALTA

Honored Commentator

• 

10 Messages

2 y ago

Hi Amy,

Like what OP said, I too would like to cancel my internet subscription and waive off whatever termination fees are involved.
This is not what we signed up for.

Please get someone to contact me regarding this. Callback time, after 6 preferably.

Thanks
kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

@Amy_Law wrote:

Hi kon_sg

I've alerted the team of your request. Rest assured my colleagues will be in touch.

Amy_law

problem is not with your team, is the network engineering side... call and give us standard answer is not going to help solve problem. Some device some where are failing on Starhub side, or your equipment (load balancer etc) just can't cope with peak hour traffic

And I also don't believe NOC don't have anyone 24x7 - so so so.... haiz

Wait wait... could it be.. could it be... cleaner come is around 8:30-9pm daily to clean the equipment room and they unplug something (sounds familiar?)

Jere_Lim

Community Manager

• 

1.1K Messages

2 y ago

Hi sandtag, let us know if the issue still persist after restarting both the ONT device and router. Thank you 

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

2 y ago

Hi itzALTA

I've replied to you several times and am still awaiting your details via PM so I can arrange for assistance. Let me know soon.

- Amy

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

@Jere_Lim wrote:

Hi sandtag, let us know if the issue still persist after restarting both the ONT device and router. Thank you 

Please don't! Grrrrrrrr... shoo shoo go away

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

IP address changed today (still 101.xxx.xxxx.xxx), but pointing at a different gateway now, see if it helps tonight

update: sad... still the same

ajw

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 y ago

I was told that I will be having a engineer coming down at 10pm next monday, lets see how it goes
sandtang

Senior Contributor

• 

13 Messages

2 y ago

2 days ago starhub staff called to say that tech can visit latest 8.30pm, but I declined as problem would not have started at that time yet so no point.

Tonight he called again to inform that backend monitoring between 10-12pm showed that there were no congestion, no problems detected whatsoever. The end.

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

Capture.JPG

Speed test done at 11:30pm, swee right?! Non-Starhub website, hosted by Netflix....

but 8:30pm to 11pm... sad man

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

2 y ago

Hi sandtang

Have you tested the connection using a LAN cable to your laptop/PC at www.starhub.com/personal/support/device-trouble-shooting/broadband/perform-speed-test.html to see if the issues recur after a restart of your modem/ONT and router?

Let me have your registered name, contact number, affected service address and Hub ID / email address for verification by clicking the red words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so I can check on this for you. 

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

2 y ago

Hi kon_sg

I've shared your feedback with the technical team and they'll be in touch.

Get Started

Get Started