kon_sg's profile

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

Tue, Mar 19, 2019 7:00 AM

Maxinfinity Fibre - High Ping & Low Speed during peak period

Anyone having issue with high ping and slower internet speed during peak hours - between 8pm to midnight?

Start noticing the problem first week of March, Samknows box registering similar result (dropping to as low as <100Mbps) - am on 1Gbps plan. Test from 2am onwards return to normal (high 800Mbps download speed & <3ms ping)

Coincidentally, public IP was moved to 101.xxx.xxx.xxx range when problem started (could be a coincidence though)... The high ping seems to start from Starhub gateway? Contacted starhub, was told still investigating...

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 101.127.244.1 - 0 | 881 | 881 | 66 | 113 | 175 | 109 |
| an-ts-br05.starhub.net.sg - 0 | 880 | 880 | 65 | 112 | 179 | 116 |
| 183.90.44.177 - 0 | 881 | 881 | 64 | 118 | 319 | 106 |
| s6-0-1-3-r10.cyberway.com.sg - 0 | 881 | 881 | 63 | 111 | 171 | 106 |

P/S: test result are all done on Gbps lan, so definitely not wifi issue, and EVERY device in the household producing similar result (so wifi device will get even worst result)

Responses

JacksonTZG

Community Manager

• 

602 Messages

2 y ago

Hi kon_sg

Thank you for the feedback. I understand your frustration and have updated the relevant team to review your case further.

Lyn L

Community Manager

• 

643 Messages

2 y ago

I've responded to your PM and have arranged for technical callback. Thank you.

Lyn L

Community Manager

• 

643 Messages

2 y ago

Hi hypnoticpoo, please PM us the subscriber name, service address, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance. 

Meanwhile, please restart the ONT and router to see if it helps.

ajw

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 y ago

The so called in house technician came over just now at 8pm which I was not at home. Said the same thing as the first engineer that came, duplicate Ip address on my modem and more bull**bleep** smoke bomb to my mom. Do the test on 8pm and say it is fine. Still having high ping as of now 1030pm. Good job starhub for being clueless about the problem, 3 engineers came down couldnt fix and find the problem for 2 months which obviously dont lie on the user end. Those of you stuck with this problem good luck because starhub only throws you more smoke bomb.

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

based on the few that responded, it's clear we share a common IP range, and the culprit seems to be the gateway with IP 101.127.0.1

Starhub team - over to you, and please don't do the ping from the comfort of your office, the few of us here have shared enough info for you to troubleshoot. 

JacksonTZG

Community Manager

• 

602 Messages

2 y ago

Hi ajw

Thank you for the update. I've informed the relevant team to review your case. 

JacksonTZG

Community Manager

• 

602 Messages

2 y ago

Hey kon_sg

I've updated the team. Thank you for your response. Smiley Happy 

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

@JacksonTZG I think the CS and engineer really don't read complain seriously.

I just received a call from Starhub saying they will send someone more Senior to my place to troubleshoot, when I ask what time he will come, I'm still offerred the standard 'blocks of time', i.e. the last one being 6-8pm (or is it 8:30pm?). What good is there for him to come and conclude everything is perfectly fine? When the problem start say at 9pm?

Starhub team has done extensive check and concluded nothing wrong at Starhub backend, but no one could answer what time did the engineer done the test - we have repeatedly say the problem come between 8pm to midnight, the actual starting time varies - I guess depends on what time Starhub customer decide to use their internet service together right?

So I have decline the visit, unless your team is willing to invest time to come and check say at 9pm (at least), then really don't bother.

I have even send ping result direct from ONT at 10pm, yet... it was brush away...

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Hi, I have been having the same issue since a month ago and there is still no resolution until now, kindly get back to me with regards to this problem, I just want it to work normally. Ping is high during 9pm-12am as mentioned by others and works totally fine for the rest of the day. My modem is recently replaced too by your technicians after multiple calls to Starhub, but the problem still persist. I am sure there are more people affected by this ping issue but may not be noticable as download speed and upload speed are not too slow. Thanks!

ajw

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 y ago

@kon_sg 

The engineer told me our fibre bandwidth should not be affected too much by peak hour as our line is directly connected to starhub gateway without sharing with the whole block. He told me he will try to come after 9pm, yet he came down at 7.55pm without informing me and even has the cheek to tell my family there was no issue when testing at 8pm. Be prepared to let them smoke you and all they can do is hard reset for you without solving anything. Comments.PNG

ajw

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 y ago

As there are more people coming in with the same problem, there is clearly something wrong with Starhub backend and not the user end. Can the community manager group up our similar cases,urge the network team to look into it and give us a proper explaination instead of saying there is no problem in the backend. Stop wasting our time to wait for you at home coming at the unaffected timing and doing typical hard reset wont resolve the problem.

JacksonTZG

Community Manager

• 

602 Messages

2 y ago

Good afternoon kon_sg,

Thank you for highlighting the key points. I understand the team is reviewing your request and checking on the connectivity with regard to the timing you mentioned. Do give us some time to get back to you on this. Thank you. Smiley Happy

JacksonTZG

Community Manager

• 

602 Messages

2 y ago

Hi Gnayhey

Please provide me with your registered name, registered mobile number, Hub ID/email address and service address (including postal code and unit numbers) by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message <  for me to arrange for assistance. 

You may wish to provide a few speed test via direct connection during the time mentioned to facilitate the arrangement. Thank you. Smiley Happy 

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

Looks pretty clear to me on what is the problem, so instead of tackling each of us one by one, really should just focus in fixing the issue then you'll get less heat from all others....

JacksonTZG

Community Manager

• 

602 Messages

2 y ago

Hi ajw,

I hear you, and has informed the relevant team on this. I've requested they review your case again base on the timing you mentioned. Thank you. 

Get Started

Get Started