kon_sg's profile

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

Tue, Mar 19, 2019 7:00 AM

Maxinfinity Fibre - High Ping & Low Speed during peak period

Anyone having issue with high ping and slower internet speed during peak hours - between 8pm to midnight?

Start noticing the problem first week of March, Samknows box registering similar result (dropping to as low as <100Mbps) - am on 1Gbps plan. Test from 2am onwards return to normal (high 800Mbps download speed & <3ms ping)

Coincidentally, public IP was moved to 101.xxx.xxx.xxx range when problem started (could be a coincidence though)... The high ping seems to start from Starhub gateway? Contacted starhub, was told still investigating...

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 101.127.244.1 - 0 | 881 | 881 | 66 | 113 | 175 | 109 |
| an-ts-br05.starhub.net.sg - 0 | 880 | 880 | 65 | 112 | 179 | 116 |
| 183.90.44.177 - 0 | 881 | 881 | 64 | 118 | 319 | 106 |
| s6-0-1-3-r10.cyberway.com.sg - 0 | 881 | 881 | 63 | 111 | 171 | 106 |

P/S: test result are all done on Gbps lan, so definitely not wifi issue, and EVERY device in the household producing similar result (so wifi device will get even worst result)

Responses

sandtang

Senior Contributor

• 

13 Messages

2 y ago

Tested alternate router does not help. Based on info shared here, problem is not at user end.

ajw

Esteemed Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 y ago

Talk to the engineer multiple times and they kept insisting there is no problem on their side, which I believe they did not conduct the check during affected timing. My router and modem were changed by them and problem is still there. So we just got to suck thumb here?

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

2 y ago

Hi itzALTA

If you're still experiencing this speed issue, let me have your registered name, contact number, affected service address and Hub ID / email address for verification by clicking the red words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so I can check on this for you. 

Lyn L

Community Manager

• 

643 Messages

2 y ago

Hi kon_sg, as per check, our technical team is currently in the midst of checking and will be in touch. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience.

debbiefa

Community Manager

• 

842 Messages

2 y ago

Hi ajw, I have shared your feedback to our Technical team for their assistance. 

debbiefa

Community Manager

• 

842 Messages

2 y ago

Hi sandtang, Do PM us if you require further assistance, https://bit.ly/2S5w5qq   

sandtang

Senior Contributor

• 

13 Messages

2 y ago

Thanks debbiefa, for the follow up. Appreciate it. And this forum is top notch, very easy to use. (But pls do fix starhub online feedback form.)

Share with the community:

Ok so the starhub tech called 40min AFTER the appoinment time of 2-4pm. Did not apologise and said he will arrive in 5-10min, which means he arrived 1hour late at 5pm!

Then I repeated that daytime non-peak is fine, and showed him screen cap of extreme poor performance at night. He took a glance, called his back-end. 5 mins later, he said my eqpmt is fine so starhub back-end will follow up with me and left.

So I put my saturday plans aside, waited 3 hours for him to come for 5 mins, and we're back where we started. Hopefully the back-end can resolve this soon.

itzALTA

Honored Commentator

• 

10 Messages

2 y ago

Said they'll give me a call on 6th April, 6pm.
No calls at all. Nice.
Lyn L

Community Manager

• 

643 Messages

2 y ago

Hi sandtang, do PM us the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address, service address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance. 

Lyn L

Community Manager

• 

643 Messages

2 y ago

I've responded to your PM and have escalated to the team for urgent assistance. Thank you.

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

So.. starhub finally called me back (saga started more than a month ago)... shared the usual findings, nothing wrong with their end, couldn't replicate the issue blah blah blah... and therefore will be sending someone to my place to check my cable etc to make sure things are fine.

Never mind the fact that it works perfectly fine during daytime, oh well, maybe cable will go crazy during evening time? Who knows right, maybe...

And apparently, despite the few people that share similar issue, Starhub are not aware of other people having similar problem.... well done, right?

So the poor technician will come, and they will try their best to come during their last appointment (which is between 6pm to 8:30pm), which is well, when there is no issue right?

I REALLY hope they will find the issue (no pun intended).

simonN

Community Manager

• 

880 Messages

2 y ago

Hi Kon, based on checks, there's a scheduled appointment later this evening, between 6.30 to 8.30pm. Rest assure our technical helpdesk team will follow up with you till the matter has been resolved. - Simon

itzALTA

Honored Commentator

• 

10 Messages

2 y ago

Do update if it has been resolved. I’m facing exactly the same issues as OP. 

And honestly I’m reaching my limit.

Almost a month now and nothing has been resolved. 

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

Really?

I emailed yesterday evening to starhub about the appointment date, and the replied I got was they are still waiting me to send Starhub my full name & NRIC to Technical Team. No dates were mentioned? And now it's tonight?

Never mind, I will camp at home to wait Smiley Happy

kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

2 y ago

Starhub team came.

Replaced modem, he was quite confident that it's the modem that is faulty, and apparently I'm still using a dinosaur modem.

Have to monitor for a week to see how it goes. Weekend won't be representative since I normally get some reprieve during weekends, i.e. not as jialat.

Get Started

Get Started