Skip to main content

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

Thu, Apr 12, 2018 4:00 PM

Maxinfinity Disconnection Fee?

I recently terminated my maxinfinity connetion after the contract got over and was surprised to see a fee of $30 being charged in my next bill under the heading Maxinfinity Disconnection. I have been using the service for 4 years.  When I recontracted 2 years back (and even the first time), only the penalty for terminating before 24 months was mentioned, I don't recollect the agent mentioning this fee. Can someone help me with this?

As a side note, in the same interaction, I opted for a cable broadband connection (immediately after terminating the fiber broadband). And guess what - I was charged a $50 Service Activation Fee for that! It seemed bizzare, as I thought I was keeping my internet connection but just switching over to cable mode! I have other services from Starhub and has been a customer for years but looks like they still want to make money out of me on every possible pretext.

Would really appreciate if someone can look into this.

Responses

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hi Mindex

Fibre and Cable services are managed by 2 different operators - Fibre by NetLink Trust and Cable by StarHub. Hence, disconnection fees will be payable when you terminate Fibre services. You can check out the terms at http://bit.ly/2qGlMh3 for more information.

Separately, as shared, both services are on different platforms. Hence, activation charges will be payable when you're activating a new cable broadband service. 

- Amy

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

@Amy_Law: Thanks for the explanation.

The fact that these are provided by 2 different operators was never communicated to be my the Starhub sales agents or the call center agents whom I interacted with. I had called up the call center before deciding to terminate the fiber service. Both of them (ie. neither the call center or the sales agent) pointed out that there is a termination fee. As stated earlier, I was also not informed about the termination fee when signing up for the service. I'm extremely disappointed by the service and will take this up with the apropriate authorities.

Josephine C

Genius

• 

861 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Mindex, 

Please send me a private message with your name, NRIC/FIN, contact number and email address so that I can get in touch and assist you further. Thank you

Get Started

Get Started