Skip to main content

Sun, Aug 23, 2020 7:00 PM

Many websites not working with starhub fibre broadband

I am not able get certain websites to work with the Starhub Fibre.

It just times out.

==============================================

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at speech-to-text-demo.mybluemix.net.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

==============================================

For example above I was trying to access https://speech-to-text-demo.mybluemix.net/

This is accessble fine from Starthub Mobile 4G but not from Starthub Fibre.

Like these there are many websites.

Responses

Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

268 Points

2 months ago

Hi @sudeshk, warmest welcome to Greenr Community. We're sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried to clear the cache and cookies of the web browser you're using? Also, please try to disable proxy settings of your network. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

2 Messages

2 months ago

StarHub,

I hit into similar issues, accessing various websites as stated in this post

1. techmeme.com
2. Fieldglass.net
3. Www.bridgebase.com
4. speech-to-text-demo.mybluemix.net

I contacted Nokia (as suggested by StarHub engineer). After a WebEx session, the root cause is found.

This is due to this mis-configured route that is added into the Nokia router, as requested by StarHub (as shared by Nokia engineer).  Nokia engineer shared that there is no way they can fixed it as this req StarHub to do the changes.  The firmware in Nokia router provided by StarHub is customized for StarHub.    

The cause is in Yellow.  All the websites listed above have IP address of 169.x.x.x

The fix is highlighted in Red

User cannot do this as it req a SuperAdmin account which we do not have. And the setting will be reverted after power cycle due to StarHub config.

StarHub, pls fix this for us.  We have to suffer in the meantime.  

3 Messages

I am finding more websites that donot work with Nokia Mesh router and there seems nothing we can do

Jolene_L

Community Relationship Manager

• 

991 Messages

• 

6 Points

2 months ago

Hi @sudeshk may I know which router are you using? 

-Jolene 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com.

3 Messages

@Jolene_L   The issue happens when I use Nokia mesh router provided by Starhub.

When I use the linksys router provided by starhub this does not happen.

I bought the Nokia router because it's a mesh router and provides better coverage than linksys.

Howard Toh

Administrator

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi @sudeshk @AnewStarhubUser 

Thank you for your patience. We've looked into this matter.

• Regarding the following statement, this is false and we have requested for Nokia to look into the allegation by their engineer. StarHub did not introduce any misconfiguration into the firmware. 

" mis-configured route that is added into the Nokia router, as requested by StarHub "

• The issue that you have raised has been acknowledged by Nokia and they are already working on a fix to their firmware that should be available around the middle of October 
  • As you have pointed out, Nokia will be able to help you temporarily change the routing table on your router as a workaround but the change is temporary and will not survive a router reboot. Hopefully that is still useful to you until the firmware release is out in mid October. 

Sorry that we took longer than usual to come back on this peculiar issue. 

(edited)

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub :)

For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com 

Get Started

Get Started