Internet having issues? Try changing your DNS.
I have noticed that StarHub's DNS server is getting cranky. So I have written a short guide here for StarHub-issued routers on how to change the DNS.
First, login to your router
- For D-Link, default IP Address is http://192.168.0.1, default password is
- For Linksys, default IP Address is http://192.168.1.1, default login is
, default password is admin.
Navigate to the DNS page.
- For D-Link, Setting > Internet > (Advanced Settings) if you do not see DNS Server
- For Linksys, Connectivity > Local Network
Change the DNS Server to a Public one, I will use Google’s Public DNS as an example.
- For D-Link, Primary DNS = 22.214.171.124 , Secondary DNS = 126.96.36.199
- For Linksys, Static DNS 1 = 188.8.131.52, Static DNS 2 = 184.108.40.206
Click Apply, your router will reset so please expect disconnection. Wait for about 5 minutes and try using the internet.
Hope this helps during this Curcuit Breaker period! Cheers!
I am not a staff from StarHub. My post does not represent StarHub in any way.