L

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Mon, Apr 5, 2021 6:32 AM

Internet Connection is crap at 90Mbps when I paid for 1Gbps

Hi there, I have been experiencing really "throttled" or dampened speeds (DL/UL both at 90Mbps as per speedtest) when I have been with SH for 1 Gbps. 

Have to admit, I am a total noob when it comes to network architecture/setup/ language. 

I do have a DLINK device (DVG-N5402SP) sitting in between: Nucleus Connect > DVG-N5402SP (Dlink) > EA8100 (Linksys) > Wifi + LAN . 

Is the DLink really necessary to sit in between the 2? I have tried to connect Nucleus > EA8100 but having access denied to the network. 

Thanks so much for the help!

Carla_P

• 

5.8K Messages

• 

3.5K Points

8 m ago

Hi @leezacch, I'm sorry that you're having issues with your internet connection. You may refer to this article on how to set up your Linksys EA8100.

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

8 m ago

I am having a similar issue as you. The last time I checked (probably end of 2020) I was still hitting 600-800Mbps for both upload and download on a wired connection directly to an Asus AC88U router but now getting only about 120/90. 

Carla_P

• 

5.8K Messages

• 

3.5K Points

Hi @UTbee1896, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your internet connection speed. Let me just clarify, if you tried to reboot both your ONT and router to see if the issue persists?

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

Thanks Carla. I created my own post. I will update the results there

Get Started

Get Started