DVG-N5402SP

DVG-N5402SP

Responses

impeller

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

At the moment, it's seems like starhub is giving answers that are not addressing the wireless issue. Starhub prefers to focus on the importance of wired connection and digital voice instead. No timeline is given as well, i.e. by the time the issue is solved, the 2 years contract is up. Starhub senior management should step out and explain, instead of leaving the frontline staff to take the heat.
RaeAng

Valued Contributor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

I understand yr concern. I think some of us do not use VoIP.
And I think we understand , if we use our own modem , we will get minimum support from starhub.
I believe yr concern is if starhub supports other brands of modem.. New customer may demand to have those modem as the package .. Pls feedback to your management.. It is cost vs services .. Services is possible to be equal to customer retention, with good words spreading on starhub. U will get more customer. This is call cost recovery!!
Tick

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Hi kai boon.
Does StarHub have a timeline which will expected to complete with the proposal for the "improved surfing experience"? We are all waiting patiently for the solution to replace the existing routers

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Hi,

I have install the fiber and using DVG-N5402SP. I understand that people who thinks that gaming have to use wired but it doesnt mean that wireless cant play games for moderate user. For me I using cable previously using a very old model router from dlink and i have been playing online games with no issues for the past 10 years. Yesterday after install the router, i keep getting dc from the online game, but surfing net is ok. I have called DLink and they keep asking me to change setting over and over again but it still happen. Please do not advise me to use wired is the wired need to run across my living rm to my rm is gonna be very ugly and very obstructing to my family members when walking around.

Is it suppose to be like tat keep getting dc from online games?

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

8 years ago

Hey Gileroy

Could you provide me with your details over at http://bit.ly/StarHubCares? I will get my team to assist you further.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
JudyB

Honored Contributor

• 

31 Messages

8 years ago

I totally agree with you all!  Before my internet access disappeared totally 36 hours ago the speeds were terrible.  A technician came out and said the problem was that our apartment had too many windows and we should board them up!!!!!  Sorry - but we live in apartments that have windows - not sheds!

Bad service, no follow up on issues.  I still don't know when I will be reconnected

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

8 years ago

Hi JudyB

Are you still encountering the same issue? If yes, please provide your details via http://bit.ly/StarHubCares.

If you are facing slow speed via WiFi, I would recommend wired connection to the Home Gateway.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
JudyB

Honored Contributor

• 

31 Messages

8 years ago

The router has been replaced and we can now access the internet.  However, when there are a lot of people in our condo on the internet the connections are dodgy and slow and keep cutting out.  A wired connection is not an option because of where the connection point has been put by Starhub (behind a tv unit in the living room).  I work from home and need to work at a desk..........

IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi KaiBoon,

Can we have an update on the status of the discussion within your product teams, as to the replacement of the D-Link router provided.

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I regretted upgrading my plan to maxinfinity as its giving a very slow and unstable connection like 20 to 20mbps , there are a few times it even drp to 15mbps, im very unsatisfied as in the past where before i upgraded my plan it was like much more stable and faster than this . i would like some help from starhub here thanks. 

JudyB

Honored Contributor

• 

31 Messages

8 years ago

I'm glad to see that it's not just our Maxinfinity that's causing problems. Before we 'upgraded' things were better

JudyB

Honored Contributor

• 

31 Messages

8 years ago

Perhaps we need to go more island wide with our concerns - like the Straits Times?  Fibre optic should be the best.  Currently it's working like an old fashioned modem.................

homehub

Trusted Advisor

• 

59 Messages

8 years ago

I hope starhub can solve our problem asap.

1) take bck the dlink router, offer cash rebate so that i can buy better router, with condition starhub allow direct ONT.

2) replace dlink router with a better one. No Huawei pls.
sfans

Esteemed Consultant

• 

178 Messages

8 years ago

Hi SH, I went through Dlink website and I came across this page inside DLink : http://www.dlink.com.sg/awards/, you will be surprise that DVG-N5402SP is missing from here. why can't SH choose of of this routers from here, i am sure it will have greater improvement than the current one.

Tick

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

I am stuck to pay the monthly $128 with the so called free MBP..... I was expecting to get the faster bandwidth for my family's devices....iPad, DS etc... But who knows that we are repeatedly recommended to use wired connection as a solution?!? Does StarHub done a market study that many people nowadays are using wireless devices? Can a family of 4 pull cable and work from the connection modem?? Come on!!

Get Started

Get Started