DVG-N5402SP

DVG-N5402SP

Responses

Tick

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Hi kaiboon. Appreciate the analogy on cars and expressway. But I think as many of the questions here as highlighted- the true analogy is...... if we had bought a Ferrari, why is it fitted with a mediocre set of tyres? Should it be fitted with performance types that would enable it to run at It's design speed? Hope you can truly help all of us here. Thanks.
IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi Tick,

I like your analogy, that is precisely what we are questioning. Anyway, KaiBoon is going to give me a call today, and I will be looking forward to his explanation.

Esteemed Consultant

• 

178 Messages

8 years ago

looking at the issue, I suspect it is could be your devices, maybe you want someone to check on your notebook wireless adaptor , to check which model it is , eg. "g" series Or "n" series. the max speed wireless speed you can go for "g" is 20 and for "N" , it goes above 20 and as high as 50.
Tick

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Hi IncTEh,

Did Kaiboon managed to give you a favourable reply to resolve the issue today?

Smiley Happy

Tick

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Hi sfans,

my company laptop can go >50 mbps when connected in company premises, but cannot repeat the same when at home.

IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi Tick,

He said their relevant teams and departments are well aware of this issues and all our concerns. He also assured me that they are looking into this, but is unable to promise to have any changes currently. They have to sort things out with their partner, D-Link. For the moment, we can either stick to this router, or bridge another router for better wifi connectivity. I have also brought up to him that we are not aware of what router they are going to provide us, only see the actual product at the point of installation. By then, if we were to reject the installation, it will cost us $100+. I suggested Starhub to be more transparent about their device capabilities, adding the fact that it can only transmit 65mbps (theoretical) most of the time.

Let's hope that Starhub will finalise something soon, and hopefully, agree to change our current router with the new one that they are going to bring in.

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi sfans,

Its 2013, and I believe most of us here are aware of the difference between wireless G and wireless N. Theoretical max speed for wireless G is 54mbps, for wireless N it is anywhere between 65mbps to 900mbps, depending on the router and adapter that you are using. Maybe you can advise us with the network speed you are getting over wifi?

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I'm seeing new 802.11ac routers on the market which can hit up to 1.2mbps wirelessly and might consider replacing the dlink in the future. It would be good if we're allowed to replace the dlink connecting direct to ONT.

impeller

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Hi KaiBoon, I await your reply on the disparity in performance between the Dlink router versus the TP-Link router (via bridging), as all other test conditions are the same.

impeller

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Hi, anybody managed to compare wifi speedtest results of Dlink router vs another router (on bridge mode), while maintaining the same test conditions?

IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

Just to add on, D-Link DVG-N5402SP is more of a burden than a convenience. Starhub should have let us know what router they will be providing before installation and at the same time, allow us to have an option to use our own router if we choose not get use theirs and obtain a rebate for it.

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Hi KaiBoon,

I'm hardly able to contain my sarcasm after reading your post. You are saying a lot but yet committing nothing at all! This is simply not acceptable and should be escalated to a member of your Senior Management.

1) "most of our fibre broadband customers subscribe to our Digital Voice Home service": Are you able to qualify this statement? Myself, for example, do not subscribe to DV. How do you define "most"

2) "Stay tuned for more updates.": an escape clause so that StarHub can drag its feet on this issue? Please commit a timeline in your response.

3) How are subscribers being compensated for the less than ideal WiFi speed?

4) For those using bridging (like myself), it is a waste of electricity! Please provide clear instructions for direct ONT. Also, allow for compensation (rebate or vouchers) for those who opt for direct ONT. Personally, I have no use for legacy routers and would gladly return them to Starhub.

Looking forward to your reply.  

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

8 years ago

Hi members of StarHub Community

Thank you for highlighting your concerns to us.

We would like to share that most of our fibre broadband customers subscribe to our Digital Voice Home service. For their convenience, we currently offer D-Link DVG-N5402SP, an all-in-one home gateway for data, voice and wireless home networking.

Due to hardware complexities and longer renewal cycle of all-in-one routers, we are aware that some dedicated router models may come with better specifications. Please rest assured that we hear your feedback and are actively exploring ways to offer our broadband customers an improved surfing experience. Stay tuned for more updates.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

While we are waiting for the update, maybe starhub can give us a temporary solution by collecting back the routers (for those who wants to), and provide some form of compensation (rebates? vouchers?). That way, we can get our own router, and starhub will stop receiving these complains (win-win situation).

Esteemed Consultant

• 

178 Messages

8 years ago

I have friends who has signed up with fiber in "S" company, many are facing with the wireless issue, but according to them , company "S" are truly resolving the wireless issues, they are working very closely with the vendor and constantly testing out different modem, at zero costs, truly finding solution for the cust, I am sure SH can also do the same, take on the vendor and ask for another modem model to be tried or at least they should come up with an firmware upgrade to resolve this wireless issue.

Get Started

Get Started