DVG-N5402SP

DVG-N5402SP

Responses

IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

Sad for you bro. I think I wanna be a CSO too, talk crap here and earn money, not bad.

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Hi IncTeh

Just a quick question..will changing the router to Asus 56u help in the wireless range? Need an improved coverage from the original router in living room.

my wife is really frustrated with the fact that after switching to fibre network, now she can't even access her iPad in the bedrooms.
Tick

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Hi..thanks for the fast reply.
Looks like I have to invest in a new router, after paying $150 for this Dlink router....such a waste...

IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

Yes, it will help. For me, the wireless range is not an issue, it is the wireless bandwidth that is irritating.

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

You are still not explaining why starhub has provided a router that barely support the subscription speed over wireless. There are plenty of routers out there that can support the speed. Gosh, I really give up on this initiative that starhub has brought up.

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

8 years ago

Hi All

Just to clarify and share some information on WiFi.

I believe you have understood on the various factors that will affect the speed of WiFi. Currently, most of the routers are running on 2.4 Ghz. Furthermore, there is a "good neighbors" policy in place so as to ensure that all WiFi users in the vicinity will be able to enjoy fair usage of WiFi. One way to optimise the WiFi is to look for a wireless channel that has lesser or no user.

Let me give you an analogy, we shall regards 2.4 Ghz spectrum as one of the expressway in Singapore and all the various routers are the cars travelling on the expressway. When there are only a few cars on the expressway, the traffic will be smooth and you can travel at a higher speed as compared to when there are a lot of cars on the same expressway. WiFi works the same way. When there are a lot of users running on 2.4Ghz spectrum, it will definitely be shared.

As for the wireless channels that I have mentioned, it is like the different lanes on the expressway. If all of the users decided to travel on the same lane, it will take a even longer time to reach the destination.

If you are speaking about dual-band router, it might be different. However, if all of the users switch to 5.0 Ghz, the same issue might occur.

Hope this clarify.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

we, as consumers, want to know why starhub did not make the effort to recommend us better router or even let us know before we sign up for this plan that the gateway they provide does not support the bandwidth that we have signed up.

I hope this clarify all our queries that we have been trying to get through for the past months.

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

8 years ago

Hi IncTEh

The Home Gateway that we have provided is able to attained the bandwidth on wired connection.

If you are on MaxInfinity Ultimate, the typical speed range is 60Mbps - 96.4Mbps.

If you are on MaxInfinity Elite, the typical speed range is 90Mbps - 143.9Mbps.

You can refer to http://www.starhub.com/content/broadband/typicalspeed/plans.html for more details.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi KaiBoon,

We are well aware that it supports the typical speed over wired connection. What we want to know is why starhub has provided a router that barely support the subscription speed over wireless when there are plenty of other routers out in the market that does so.

I have been asking this question over and over again, all I get is the same answer from you. It makes me wonder if you are a robot. If you are unable to provide us an answer, can you kindly ask the technical department or other relevant department? The connection is pretty decent, it is just that the wireless speed is terrible.

Rather than providing this router and having the consumers realise that it is not up to par after signing up for the service, maybe Starhub can do something about it by providing upgrade choices and such.

And again, all your answers to my previous posts are all useless and irrelevant to everyone asking the same question.

Honored Contributor

• 

42 Messages

8 years ago

Dear Bros / Sis,

I had a joint site visit by both StarHub & DLing staff.

DLink reported they had already checked and all settings are correct and the slow wireless speed is due to 'environment'.

Below except for DLink reply,

>>>>>>

Think ---- has already shown you that he could get 45Mbps in your bedroom, right? Please note that if your notebook cannot achieve 45 Mbps, there is nothing much we can do about it as you need to pick this issue up with your notebook supplier.

John has told you that your signal in the bedroom is very weak thus you should use the home plug where the 45Mbps is achievable.

Please let us know what are your concerns so we can address it.

<<<<<<

Well how's that from the DVG-N5402SP vendor.

Please pardon me as I'm not a Techy person just ordinary folks subscribing for children & family internet access.

homehub

Trusted Advisor

• 

59 Messages

8 years ago

homehub

Trusted Advisor

• 

59 Messages

8 years ago

Dlink never put typical wireless speed for DVG-N5402SP.

MyRepublic is transparent in this with 3 Asus Wireless routers for customer to select......

That's why i ask Starhub,

ONT---> Asus RT-N56U possible? Yes or No? I do not want to bridge to DVG-N5402SP.

impeller

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Dear Starhub,

I can confidently say that there is something wrong with the Dlink router that is provided. The wireless speed is significantly lower as compared to that of my TP-link router (via bridging). Test results below are performed using same conditions (distance from router, laptop, around the same thing of the day etc) except for the router used.

TP-link router (via bridging)

Last Result: Download Speed: 69700 kbps (8712.5 KB/sec transfer rate)  

Last Result: Download Speed: 68689 kbps (8586.1 KB/sec transfer rate) 

Last Result: Download Speed: 67563 kbps (8445.4 KB/sec transfer rate) 

Last Result: Download Speed: 71461 kbps (8932.6 KB/sec transfer rate) 

Dlink router

Last Result: Download Speed: 23108 kbps (2888.5 KB/sec transfer rate)  

Last Result: Download Speed: 19968 kbps (2496 KB/sec transfer rate) 

Last Result: Download Speed: 22131 kbps (2766.4 KB/sec transfer rate) 

Last Result: Download Speed: 20967 kbps (2620.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Perhaps other Starhub customers can perform the same test? As my TP-link router (TL-WR941ND) is not considered high end, it would be interesting to see how higher end routers will perform?

Tick

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Hi home hub, thanks for posting the comparisons of the Asus routers.

When I installed the 200 Mbps fibre plan, I had to pay $139.37 for the Dlink router set as dictated by Starhub. However as I compare to the Asu 56U model, It probably don't cost a lot more, but the paper specs of the latter seems more superior.  Just wondering if Starhub can explain why the difference? Really feels it is a waste of resource, now that I might have to fork out added costs to buy a more capable router, which then I would have to obsolete the Dlink router.

IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

KaiBoon sent me a pm and wants to discuss this issue privately. I believe he should just give everyone here an acceptable answer.

Our query is 'Why starhub provided us with a router that is much less capable than many other router in the market? If it is impossible to change, why starhub did not let us know before we sign up? Or are they simply afraid to lose customers?'

Get Started

Get Started