DVG-N5402SP

DVG-N5402SP

Responses

muddle

Esteemed Contributor

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

Does the resolution affect existing subscribers as well?
Varun

Hub Expert

• 

227 Messages

7 years ago

It's not a "resolution" so much as a change of what device we give - free - when a customer signs up. That being said, we're going to "need" some... ahh.... "testers", so... On this specific subject, there's very little more that I can say for now. I expect to be able to share more in the coming weeks.

My posts represent ONLY my own opinions.
muddle

Esteemed Contributor

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks Varun for your valuable insight. I think for now it's best to just wait and see.

IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

7 years ago

Thanks Varun. Anyway, you will need to change your keyboard soon if you continue using lots of ............. Smiley Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

@varun thanks and we look forward to some good news soon (for existing users).
rsn

Home Networking Expert

• 

1K Messages

7 years ago

1. TP-Link WDR4300 is able to support. It has Gigabit ethernet ports and good wireless performance for a router at the price range.

2. Depending on how your home is wired. Where is the origin of all the wires? Is it currently connectted to a central switch? The cable from ONT has to go to TP link first(WAN PORT). From there all your LAN cables must go out (From TP Link LAN ports).

IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

7 years ago

TL-WDR4300 is able to support up to 450mbps on 5GHz band. I have been using it all these while, no complains especially for its price range. I am planning to change to a wireless AC capable router though.

Honored Contributor

• 

26 Messages

7 years ago

Very grateful for all the helpful posts and advice here. I have decided to go direct ONT with my upgraded 200mbps fibre plan (from cable).

1) I am thinking of buying the TP-Link WDR4300 router. Is this router able to support the speed on the 200 mbps plan?

2) Also, my home is all wired up with network points in all rooms although the OpenNet TP is in the kitchen cabinet. Does it mean that I can place the router in any room connected the network point to the TP in the kitchen ?

I am not using digital voice. Just using wired connection for laptop and wireless for smartphones and tablets.

Starhub sales over the phone is still indicating the DVG as the default router for fibre plans. Did not offer direct ONT connection as an option. Many unknowing customers like me would not have known if not for this thread !

BCBCBC

Honored Contributor

• 

26 Messages

7 years ago

Great thanks guys!

Re wiring, not too sure as it came with the flat.

I think it is something like : TP (in Kitchen) -> ONT (in kitchen) -> ONT out via ethernet to Living Room -> into Wireless Router in Living Room (Living Room has 2 network point side by side) -> Router out via ethernet to various rooms.

Good question ... I probably can test the wiring using existing Cable Modem in Living Room to see if I can connect from the rooms. Why dint I think of that earlier.

Magicguy

Honored Contributor

• 

53 Messages

7 years ago

Hi experts, can someone help with the following.

After bridging RG (Dlink) to Asus RT N66U, 

1. What's the default gateway should I enter for my ip camera?

2. What's the primary DNS?

3. Which router should handle port forwarding?

4. Which router should I enable the ddns?

5. Which router's user name n passwords should I enter?

Thanks in advance

IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

7 years ago

for your ip camera, it depends on which router it is connected to directly, the RG or the Asus router. Default gateway for RG should be 192.168.0.1, while the router will be 192.168.1.1. Please ensure that they are different.

Leave the DNS to auto assignment.

Set the RG DMZ to your router, your router will hande the port forwarding for all devices connect to the router. As for devices connected to the RG, the RG will handle them.

Both routers should have the ddns enabled.

both the RG and the asus router will have their own set of username and password. You got to enter them depending on which router you are configuring.

Honored Contributor

• 

53 Messages

7 years ago

Hi IncTEh,

Thank you so much for replying , as u mentioned

1. Leave the DNS to auto assignment, so I'll have copy the assigned DNS to my ip cam?

2. Both routers should have the ddns enable, in that case should i enter the host name on both routers?

Thanks
Magicguy

Honored Contributor

• 

53 Messages

7 years ago

Ok, noted , thanks so much for help
IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

7 years ago

1. I am not very well versed with ip cams. maybe you can consult the ip cam supplier.

2. from what i understand, you do not have to do any configuration to both routers other than enabling dmz on the rg.

Valued Advocate

• 

144 Messages

7 years ago

Hi BCBCBC,

Since you have all room wired, May I know where is your switch located ?

since your opennet TP is in kitchen, you will have the ONT in the kitchen ( connected by the optic fiber cable)

I assume you have a wired point in the kitchen too. (is it ?)

then connect the ONT to the wired point.

You can have your router connected in any other wired point. However, you will be facing some seurity issue.

becos all other computers connected will be easily expose to outsiders (hackers) as they are not protected by the router firewall features.

The tradition setup should be ONT -> direct connect to -> router -> Switch -> all other IT equipment.

In order for hacker to hack your computers, it needs to past through modem and router before reaching your computer. router will have some firewall protection .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above contain my personal opinions.

Get Started

Get Started