DVG-N5402SP

DVG-N5402SP

Responses

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

If you do it on broadbandspeedtest.starhub.com/speedtest? What are the results that you are getting?
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
sglnx

Honored Advisor

• 

135 Messages

7 years ago

Could also be the interference from cordless phone or baby monitor which are operating at the 2.4ghz frequencies.

KeithLee

Esteemed Advisor

• 

47 Messages

7 years ago

Hi IncTEh,

I decided to get the Asus RT-AC66U that you have recommended. It is really costly but I have to think long term. The review for D-Link DIR-865L haven't really been great too. To think that competitor are offering Asus RT-AC66U as the router rather than giving sub-standard router. My discussion with StarHub have not been great as there is no leeway on some credit off the $199 router (D-Link DIR-865L) they recommended. http://community.starhub.com/t5/Internet-General/FAQ-The-D-Link-DVG-N5402SP-Home-Gateway/td-p/8138 Can you recommend where is the best place to get this Asus RT-AC66U?

Magicguy

Honored Contributor

• 

53 Messages

7 years ago

SLS 5th floor best computer, u can check around b4 goto this shop, u will know the price different, i got my RT-N66U at $239
IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi KeithLee,

They are easily available in Challenger or Sim Lim Square. There is no big difference in price as they are relatively new. Alternatively, you can consider TP Link routers. I am using TL-WDR4300, it gave me comparable results with the DIR-865L and it only cost about $100.

Esteemed Advisor

• 

47 Messages

7 years ago

Alright IncTEh, I will still get the Asus RT-AC66U. I need a strong range too. After getting Airport Express, I am quite weary of getting another mid range router. I will go for the best like what you recommend. So I can find this in Challenger. Great. By the way, can I just call to do direct ONT or I must go down to StarHub?

KeithLee

Esteemed Advisor

• 

47 Messages

7 years ago

Hi IncTEh,

Got it. Thank you to everyone in this community including Kai Boon (although the discussion hits a dead end). I will be getting the router and hopefully, this will solve the issue once and for all. Thanks for all the kind messages and patience.

sglnx

Honored Advisor

• 

135 Messages

7 years ago

@IncTEh wrote:
Hi KeithLee,

They are easily available in Challenger or Sim Lim Square. There is no big difference in price as they are relatively new. Alternatively, you can consider TP Link routers. I am using TL-WDR4300, it gave me comparable results with the DIR-865L and it only cost about $100.

The cheapest TL-WDR4300 I can find is $125. Care to name the place that is selling at $100, PM if it's not convenient to 'broadcast' aloud.

Thanks.

sglnx

Honored Advisor

• 

135 Messages

7 years ago

@KeithLee wrote:

Hi IncTEh,

I decided to get the Asus RT-AC66U that you have recommended. It is really costly but I have to think long term. The review for D-Link DIR-865L haven't really been great too. To think that competitor are offering Asus RT-AC66U as the router rather than giving sub-standard router. My discussion with StarHub have not been great as there is no leeway on some credit off the $199 router (D-Link DIR-865L) they recommended. http://community.starhub.com/t5/Internet-General/FAQ-The-D-Link-DVG-N5402SP-Home-Gateway/td-p/8138 Can you recommend where is the best place to get this Asus RT-AC66U?

IEEE 802.11ac is still in development stage, ie. draft 5.0 only, not finalised yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11ac

Why don't you request for direct ONT and test how's your Airport Express performing then decide if you really need that expensive gadget.

Unless you're transferring/sharing files (wirelessly) between your computers alot then may consider.

NosLeD

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry I'm new to this community. I am planning to purchase the Asus RT-N66U to replace the Huawei device from Starhub. Have a few questions which I was hoping someone here can help me with.

1. I am subscribe to both Max Infinity and Digital Voice, can the RT-N66U run Digital Voice?

2. Please help me with the setup if possible.

Thank you.

sglnx

Honored Advisor

• 

135 Messages

7 years ago

@NosLeD wrote:

1. I am subscribe to both Max Infinity and Digital Voice, can the RT-N66U run Digital Voice?

If need digital voice, either you use,

i) direct ONT to own router for fibre internet and voice-enable cable modem for digital voice or

ii) use SH provided Dlink router for both services in one device

NosLeD

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

7 years ago

Great! I still have my old voice enable cable modem.

So just to confirm, I'll need to call Starhub to relocate my digital voice to the cable modem.

Do I need to inform Starhub regards to the direct ONT to my own router or do I only need to plug in to work.
Howard Toh

Administrator

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Direct ONT needs time as we need to work with a third party to make changes
Do contact us so that we can help you quickly
Thanks

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub :)

For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com 

Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

NosLeD

Honored Contributor

• 

39 Messages

7 years ago

Got it... thanks... Is direct ONT immediate or do I need to wait a few hours/days for it to be done at Starhub end after speaking to them?

Lawrence

Valued Advisor

• 

41 Messages

7 years ago

You need to get Starhub to transfer your Digital Voice to your voice enabled modem and also request for direct ONT at the same time.

Get Started

Get Started