9 Messages

Wed, Jul 12, 2017 8:00 PM

contract 1000mbps fibre broadband, only receive 50 mbps downloading speed

Responses

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

now i do the speed test, reach 200mbps, but still far from my contract 1000mbps. and i am doing massive research work, many time only many link to do compare. still not reach my contract speed. do i still need to pay for this 1000mbps monthly amount or what?

anyone encounter same problem with me?? please share

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Can any technician solve the problem for me. sometime can't open the internet link. slower than my phone data speed from M1.

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

drop below 100mbps now, couldn't even open internet search...sigh.....

Diane_R

Alumni (Retired)

• 

570 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @yewenjuan, may I know if you've tried restarting your router and ONT? Does that help? Also, are you on wifi or a cabled connection? - Diane

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

hi, tried turn off and refresh router two times, and reset the router one time. not use. something may be wrong here. just now test, only 200mbps. very slow.

Josephine C

Genius

• 

861 Messages

4 years ago

Hi wenjuan, 

I've edited out your details in order to protect your privacy. Please send me a Private Message with the instead so that I can assist you further. Thank you - Josephine

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

Josephine C

Genius

• 

861 Messages

4 years ago

Noted on your concerns, please send me a private massage with your StarHub Account number, NRIC/FIN, contact number and email address so that I can get in touch and assist you further. Thank you.- Josephine

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, my name : ye wenjuan, IC number Smiley Frustratedxxxxxx, my address: xxxxx

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

hi, checked many times from modern port 1 direct connect to my computer, do three time test from broadbandspeedtest.starhub.com.  result shows less than 400mbps one time, less than 300mbps one time, less than 200mbps one time.

need to send technician to come and check. i need to work, if keep it like this way, i can't even do my work. so furious up to now, few days. can't even get sleep well. worry so much.

please help.

eric3743

Grand Guru

• 

4.4K Messages

4 years ago

Hi  @ yewenjuan

There are 2 options you can try to resolve this issue.

1.  Do a Factory Reset on the Router. You may have to power off the ONT while doing it.

For DLink while power on, use a pin to push+hold into the reset hole, either bottom or behind the router, for 10+ seconds &or until the power indicator turn amber, then switch off.

Wait for a while then power on the router.

2.  Contact HOTline 1633 directly to Broadband tech support line, not CS.

Inform the staff on your problem on connection no good.

The tech support staff will able to check on their end on your connection if it is good or not.

They will required you to power off both ONT and Router.

Then they will do a Refresh your IP.

This may take several minutes and do follow their instruction.

Should the Tech support line is busy, do contact later as they may be assisting another customer online.

Do use this link to test your connection speed; >> Starhub Local Speedtest

For 1Gbps plan, the speed test result above 600+Mbps is acceptable.

For Ookla and other speedtest apps, the link will exit Starhub and so it may not be accurate as there are external interference, depend.

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

receive starhub call today say my fibre internet no problem at all, but the speed is less than 100mbps, lousier than two days before.

i will call 1633 again to check.

do many time modern direct connect to computer, only can receive less than 300mbps. use router direct cat5e line to computer, only can receive 100mbps.

they did nothing again and call me to say eveything is ok.

i should have call back again sometime today.

sigh....

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Hi:

I am about the same with you, from three weeks before, only 50mbps to 90mbps. 

i sent more than 10 emails, screen shot speed test results to them many times.

i call in 1633 more than 10 times already. now the problem still not solved.

My phone call bill expensive than my 1000mbps contract now.sigh....

they keep telling me to do direct modern to computer test. but the results still very bad, first few times do test, around 100mbps to 280mbps.

now some time less than 100mbps, sometime more than 300mbps, but never above 600mbps. tech support team said, above 600mbps should be normal, because computer backgroud need to surf somehting, so waste mbps, 1000mbps contract can't have full 1000mbps. but i can't even get above 600mbps. 

if i don't call in again and again, i can only get the speed around 50mbps to 90mbps. 

advice you to call and ask them help.

hope your internet and my internet is worth this money once they come down to measure and repair.

good luck to all.

cybertec02

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have the very same contract as you and i am getting 94-95Mbps on speed test.

The tech support cant even do anything and asked me to send through email so now i have seen that they asked you to call. 

I hope they can shoot the ball before the 10sec violation is up rather than keep passing, it would be fine if we are also paying 10% off the bill.speedtest.png

SofiaYusof

Alumni (Retired)

• 

841 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @cybertec02, please PM me the subscriber's name, NRIC/FIN, email address and contact number. We'll be in touch. - Sofia

Sofia
SofiaYusof

Alumni (Retired)

• 

841 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @yewenjuan, I'll highlight your issue to the technical support team. Please hang in there. - Sofia

Sofia

Get Started

Get Started