First Like
First Step
Conversationalist

Trusted Commentator

• 

6 Messages

Thu, Mar 27, 2014 4:00 AM

Consistent lag with Diablo 3 America server

My latency was 189ms when i first got fibre installed. Unfortunately, since last month till now my ping is 560ms+ i am using a direct wired connection and not downloading anything! I notice the latency is better at 12.10am. Please explain why. I have 8 PC all experiencing the same issue. I even updated the Dir 865L to SH 1.06

Responses

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Getting similar latency.

It has never been this bad before. The problems, for me, started after the maintenance session on the morning of the 24th. Have been having trouble accessing web pages and lagging in Diablo ever since. It isn't even an occasional lag spike, but an average of 400-600 ms of latency versus an average of 180 ms before.

I've been playing with friends and guess what? SingTel fibre users aren't having any problems. I thought it was the servers becuase of the launch of RoS but the fact that other ISP users aren't getting the same latency tells me that it is not. The problem exists on StarHub's side.

Just what are we paying for? My sites don't load, my multiplayer games are unplayable and my videos are giving me all sorts of errors. Even posting on this site requries a few refreshes. This service is a joke and my patience is wearing thin.

HermanTan

Trusted Commentator

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I have asked my singtel clan mates were mostly getting 210ms average & m1 getting 278ms. But starhub is constant 398ms to 600+ Please give me an answer.

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

what you guys have mentioned is true. only starhub players are experiencing latency issues right now every night past 8pm all the way to 12.15am.

one the tech guys called me and said that backend engineers have found nothing wrong after doing tests. I find that really funny.

All of our path ping will show the same thing that data losses are occuring @ telia.net enroute to att.net

perhaps due to high traffic. 

I have already decided enough is enough and will terminate my 200mbps (really?) plan. 

You guys should do the same. 

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

these are some of the threads where reports have come in. i really wonder where and how these back end engineers are employed from.

http://community.starhub.com/t5/MaxInfinity-Fibre-BroadBand/Diablo-3-latency-issues-as-of-11-Mar-2014/td-p/69107

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12249395072

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11986218815

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12250025267

I have pathping results from other ISPs provided by in game friends. none of em go through telia. 

Demonaldo

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

mine keep losing connection now, bloody pissed off

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Me too. It's been terrible these few days. My latency goes up to 1117MS which makes the game pretty much unplayable. 

krusty

Honored Contributor

• 

37 Messages

7 years ago

same here. died a few time which turned into a demon.

STARHUB, PLEASE ASSIST!

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

i guess some of you have jus come back to play the new expansion. 

I've been playing since the start and this problem has been going on like forever.

Starhub has helped me resolve but it always starts to lag again after a few mths.

Right now, even loading international websites takes forever.

Frustrating part is watching other players from sg, using non Starhub ISPs playing without lag. Thank god im switching ISP.

And so, i received a call from tech dept, and he said his back end has done all tests and has determine there is no problem with the connection to blizzard servers. 

So right now its either they have decided to ignore or their back end is completely inept. 

For those who dont know, you can perfom a path ping and then send it to Starhub via Helpdesk@starhub.com. They take days to reply tho. If its of any use anyways lol

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/running-a-pathping-test

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

hmm.. so since last monday 31st march, this lagging issue seems to have been resolved. 

A female tech called me and explained that the issue is due to routing (as always) and they have actually paid more to change things around with their upstream provider. But when i asked about an earlier phone call in which her colleague stated that nothing is wrong with my connection, she couldn't give me an answer. 

nevertheless, the game is currently and has been performing flawlessly since 31st march. 

the way it should have been. Have told the new ISP to delay my appointment and see how things go.

HermanTan

Trusted Commentator

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

If i Wait until they resolve the routing i already quit. I have been using the new connection to Australia instead. Ping is only 138ms alot faster. But need manual key authenticator. Troublesome but worth the speed. Hope starhub can speed up connection to australia! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12372787193

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Now i am having exactly the same problem as you for 5 days. 

It was good for 5 months and now is back. 

How to solve this problem? 

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

@R4y wrote:

Now i am having exactly the same problem as you for 5 days. 

It was good for 5 months and now is back. 

How to solve this problem? 

well my email buzzed when u posted here. so i guess i have to share with you my experience again.

I am now using Viewqwest who have their own fibre infrastructure unlike Myrepublic.

I had to force starhub's CSOs to terminate my contract early with them last december without any termination charge but they still managed to screw it up when the bill came. But its all resolved. 

I was sick of the lag when playing online games. sick of starhub's backend replies when i gave them proof and evidence of their poor routing to blizzard's gaming servers. Sick of their screw ups and inconsistent answers and advice everytime i call 1633. sick of looking for real local experienced tech support and my call ended up with their tech support in Bolehland. i think i made so many calls to 1633 until they were also sick of me Smiley LOL

And now i'm using Viewqwest. No silly lag due to silly routing. I no longer have to see my friends(mostly singtel users) play thru a rift while i(and any friends that uses starhub) keep lagging and dying. 

Good luck with starhub becos i have been their customer since 2006 and im so f***ing done with them. 

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Well, they still can tell me no problem ask me clear my internet cache.

I sent another email and this time cc to

Diana Lee

Senior Vice President, Customer Service

i hope something can be done. 

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

@R4y wrote:

Well, they still can tell me no problem ask me clear my internet cache.

I sent another email and this time cc to

Diana Lee

Senior Vice President, Customer Service

i hope something can be done. 

no use 1 la. i used to cc her also. they totally don care one. u think they really care abt these few gamers who are lagging so bad on an online game? 

You have to drop them and switch to another ISP if u wan to play games flawlessly. Let this be my last reply since i am no longer their customer and don rly have any business here anymore. 

good luck. 

HermanTan

Trusted Commentator

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE.

THE LAG IS BACK.

THANK YOU

Get Started

Get Started