Skip to main content

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

Fri, Nov 23, 2012 11:00 PM

Cisco RE1000 Range extender cannot work with Starhub DPC3925

I have no WIFI coverage at the second floor using Starhub DPC3925. Went to bought a CISCO Range Extender RE1000 and since both are CISCO brand products. 

Just realize that the firmware of DPC3925 is an old version and cannot work with RE1000.

Anyone facing the same problem? Any suggestions how can I improve my coverage at the second floor?

Thank you.

Responses

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks Iain.  Did you reuse the Cisco router or did you need to buy the full starter kit? Can you let me know exactly what you bought as I think you are a little more advanced than me!

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

@Iain_Martin wrote:

Hi there

I had the same problems and gave up with the Starhub support and purchased some TP-Link Powerline devices. These plug into your electrical outlets and transmit the Internet over your existing electrical cabling.

I have one in a socket near my router and the others in the rooms I want wired and/or wifi connections.

http://www.tp-link.sg/products/?categoryid=206&ref=pline

Hi Iain. Could you give me an idea of price? And the exact models? Many thanks

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

@Iain_Martin wrote:

Hi there

I had the same problems and gave up with the Starhub support and purchased some TP-Link Powerline devices. These plug into your electrical outlets and transmit the Internet over your existing electrical cabling.

I have one in a socket near my router and the others in the rooms I want wired and/or wifi connections.

Hi Iain. Could you give me an idea of price? And the exact models? Many thanks

MSGrewal

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hi guys,

I am looking for guidance on this subject as well.

I have a Starhub issued Cisco model (DPC3925) modem **bleep** router. Unfortunately, there are areas in my residence where I experience a low wifi signal and hence would like to increase the coverage by installing  a Wifi Extender.

I spoke to the Starhub customer service officer (Shobha) manning the Starhub cable broadband technical helpline seeking guidance on the compatible device but as expected, she was of absolutely no help choosing instead to ask me to call Cisco.

I proceeded to do some online research on Wifi Extenders and settled for DLink DAP-1520 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Range Extender as it supported both the 2.4GHz (same as my modem/router) and 5GHz bands.

I bought the device, followed the instructions but was unable to sync it with the Starhub issued Cisco modem / router. Based on this thread, it doesn't come as a surprise it didn't sync despite trying both the WPS or the manual set-up instructions provided!

Any ideas if the DLink wifi extender mentioned is compatible to the modem/router I have been issued? If it is, any tips on how to troubleshoot it to connect to my main router? In the event it is not compatible, any idea which brand/model of wifi extender is compatible?

Thanks in advance!

SParr

Valued Contributor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

I am also looking to solve my poor wireless coverage from my newly installed CISCO DPC 3925 Cable modem. I cannot beleive the poor range, it will not cover 5 meters down the hall into my sons room! 

So it is a pretty straight forward question which I saw someone ask here with no direct answer. Are there any recommended wireless range extenders which are compatible to the poor performing Cisco DPC3925?

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I ended up buying an extender that works through the copper wiring, works very well. 

Get Started

Get Started