kemaro

Valued Contributor

• 

17 Messages

• 

3 Points

Sun, Sep 6, 2020 4:46 AM

Changing of Broadband Plan Question

I am currently in a contract of 24 months HomeHub and will end soon (Sept 28).

I wanted to move to the 12 months 1Gbps Fibre Broadband and I am confused with the message below

"FREE StarHub Smart WiFi device with faster speeds and wider coverage worth $199 (for new sign-ups)"

Will i get it? What does the "for new sign-ups" mean? the account? or the plan?

Thanks.

Responses

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

342 Points

2 months ago

Hi @kemaro, thank you for your continued support to StarHub. The free router is available for all new customers who sign up for our Fibre Broadband. There is no offered free router to recontracting customers, but you can still avail this at $120 per unit. 

However, if you choose to recontract to our 2Gbps Fibre Broadband, you'll get FREE StarHub Smart WiFi (set of 3). For more details click here

(edited)

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
kemaro

Valued Contributor

• 

17 Messages

• 

3 Points

@Carla_P  thanks for the info.

What if i choose to use my current router? Will starhub take it back? Or it is mine already?

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

342 Points

Your router is yours. Whenever a customer has to terminate their Fibre Broadband, the ONT is the only one which should be returned. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
kemaro

Valued Contributor

• 

17 Messages

• 

3 Points

Thanks.

So should I visit any Starhub store to return or they will pick it up in my house?

Thanks.

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

342 Points

Let me just clarify, if you plan to terminate your broadband service?

~ Carla

kemaro

Valued Contributor

• 

17 Messages

• 

3 Points

Yes. I do not wish to recontract.

It will expire on 28th Sept.

Let me explain clearly.

Currently I have a HomeHub contract and a Mobile Plan.

Both will expire on 28th Sept.

Question is:

1) Is it required to call Starhub to tell that I do not want to recontract anymore? 

2) Should I return both Modem and TV Box to Starhub? 

3) My housemate will apply a new Contract of 12 months broadband to replace our current contract under my name.

Can I ask the Technician that will enable the broadband on the day they will come to take my Modem and TV box instead? and return for me?

Thanks.

(edited)

Get Started

Get Started