JoannePar's profile

Explorer

• 

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Mon, Jul 12, 2021 8:01 AM

can Smart Wifi and StarHub TV+ work with Linksys E8450 AX3200 Dual Band WiFi 6 Router?

I switched to Nokia Beacon 1 when i recontracted with Smart Wifi and TV+ a few months back and regretted it so badly.  We never had any problem with our previous router with Starhub but this new router (or the Smart Wifi) is so bad that my family keeps having connection issue on our devices. 

My phone switches to data when the connection is weak, even when there is less than 4 active devices connected.  I have read andd heard a lot of complains from Starhub users with Nokia Beacon 1 router.  I am considering getting a new router, Linksys E8450 AX3200 Dual Band WiFi 6 Router.    But I need help to know if this can support starhub broadband and TV+ before spending on it.  

Calling out to all the experts in the community for advice. Please help. 

Responses

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

2 m ago

Hi @JoannePar, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your internet connection. Let me just clarify, if you meant that you want to use your Smart WiFi in bridge mode? Starhub Fibre Broadband should work with almost any of the routers you can buy currently in the shops. However, please note that to enjoy free-to-air channels, you will need a Smart WiFi (Nokia Beacon 1) or a Linksys router model, EA7500v2 or EA8100.

Get Started

Get Started