Skip to main content
grizzly76

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 10:00 PM

New Idea

Local data available for use overseas

Why not allow us to bring our local data quota to be used overseas? 

Responses

Jolene_L

Community Relationship Manager

• 

985 Messages

9 months ago

Thanks for sharing your idea! May I know the rationale behind this suggestion? 

-Jolene 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com.

Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

grizzly76

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I get enough local data per month from StarHub and I manage my usage well. Why can’t I just pay a flat fee to use my local data overseas, rather than paying for extra roaming data?
phyonetizen

Senior Contributor

• 

21 Messages

9 months ago

I also like this idea so that I can plan and have the flexibility to use my monthly data quota both locally and overseas! 

Phyo
------
Go Green with Me! [Reduce, Reuse, Recycle]
zIp-dIsK

Valued Advocate

• 

78 Messages

9 months ago

I believe many people will hands up even legs up for this idea because for me in my opinion, i always like to have a one size/price fit all option. Pay 1 price. everything is included. Example for Starhub happy roam, i top up $25 for 4gb of data 30 days, i'm very happy to know that I can use this data in Singapore and overseas (generally most of the common countries) and yet i do not have to fear that I cant finish the data in overseas and I keep on using. Why? Because I can bring the data back to Singapore and continue using. Simple, easy.

Nowadays in this kind of world, simplicity is something that many people is looking at. Especially people who dont know how to use phone/ dont know what is roaming about. Take the phone go overseas. ask them to change sim card they tell you troublesome. ask them go on roaming they tell you expensive. But if it's like happy prepaid we top up a plan, we go on one price, can use at most of the country, I think it's very simple and easy. No one will fret many thousands dollars of bills when coming back . Maybe wont keep thinking if there is going to be a bill shock when the next bill come. 

Pay 1 Price - Roaming and Local Data, Minutes, SMS. No headache. No bill shock.

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

@ Starhub, please make it happen.

I have 90gb of data in Singapore (I've not run out of it - EVER - and I really think I've never even used HALF of it) and honestly, everything is tech-savvy these days. We're living in a world where we live off wifi and data in like, 90% of the things we do. I want the freedom to make full use of my data overseas (I like to travel and gram a lot) and it really sucks to have to buy a SIM card overseas (hassle of changing SIM cards? Yuck) and having a measly 1gb of data is like...... a speck of dust for the average smartphone user these days.

Do something like M* - data passport. A flat fee monthly to activate data passport that uses your local data while you're overseas (I only know this because my husband uses M* sooooo). Honestly, would be eternally grateful if it happens.

Get Started

Get Started