Skip to main content
F

Fri, Sep 18, 2020 8:38 AM

Want to subscribe starhub but ONT now already have m1 and singtel

Currently, I have Singtel TV and M1 broadband so both ports taken. I actually intend to give both up and sign up with starhub for both TV and broadband because there is a starhub package with tv+bb+netflix at $64+ which i like. My singtel i can cancel anytime but my M1 has contract until 6 Dec. What is the best strategy for me? Thanks.

Responses

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

a month ago

Hi @Fruitym, welcome to GreenR Community! Thanks for your interest to StarHub. Each Termination Point has two ports which can be used by 2 different Internet Service Providers and will be connected to 2 different ONTs. 

(edited)

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

5 Messages

Sorry, I don’t understand. Not good at technical stuffs.   I only have one ONT with 2 ports. Do you mean i need to get another ONT.  If i subscribe to SH now, exactly what will SH do? Install another ONT? Or are you saying my current ONT can support 3 service providers but i see only 2 ports?

5 Messages

I think i call the wrong thing ONT. i meant my termination point which has 2 ports, now used by M1 and Singtel. If i subscribe to SH, will starhub install a new TP and is it free?

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

Typically ONTs cannot be shared between different ISPs because each one will use their own brand of modem that relates to their backend systems. 

If you wish to install an extra TP, there's a prevailing Termination Point installation charge of $160.50 for high rise buildings and $288.90 for landed properties. 

(edited)

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

5 Messages

I see. Too bad. I want to subscribe to SH but The costs of extra TP means i better stick with just M1 and Singtel then.

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

You can still sign-up to StarHub without installing an extra TP, however, you have to let go one of your current ISPs. 

(edited)

~ Carla

5 Messages

a month ago

Yes, weighing my options. I do want to get the package from SH but my M1 contract ends in Dec. I can terminate ST first and subscribe to SH, but i will have double broadband until dec when i can terminate m1. Still thinking. Normally, after i terminate with one isp, how long does it take to free up the port for the next isp to take over?

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

Usually, the TP should be free to use once your broadband connection has been terminated. But, you might want to confirm first with your previous ISP to make sure. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started