U

5 Messages

• 

4 Points

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 8:42 AM

Too many charges to relocate

My father and I are loyal customers and also I am also a shareholder of StarHub stocks. 

I and appalled that I have to pay multiple layers of fee just because I am relocating to my parents’ place with an existing contract for my fibre broadband service from a rental place. 

I have to pay

$21.70 for a transfer of ownership to my father 

$53.50 for a change of device because my modem doesn’t have VOIP port, and my parents has a VOIP 

$35 for termination fee for my parents’ broadband service (no contract)

can there be an easier way to just let him take on the service and lesser fees to pay?

Responses

5 Messages

• 

4 Points

2 m ago

My father and I are loyal customers and also I am also a shareholder of StarHub stocks. 

I and appalled that I have to pay multiple layers of fee just because I am relocating to my parents’ place with an existing contract for my fibre broadband service from a rental place. 

I have to pay

$21.70 for a transfer of ownership to my father 

$53.50 for a change of device because my modem doesn’t have VOIP port, and my parents has a VOIP 

$35 for termination fee for my parents’ broadband service (no contract)

can there be an easier way to just let him take on the service and lesser fees to pay?

all these work out to more than a $100 just because we want to retain a home phone line and continue my broadband service. I’m tempted to switch telcos because of these. Please help. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Relocating Broadband service
Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

2 m ago

Hi @user_d0ac81, please be informed that there is a one-time administrative fee to process the Transfer of Ownership. Moreover, there's also a fee for change of device. Lastly, the fibre disconnection fee is to cover administrative fee for termination. Unfortunately, we're unable to waive these fees. 

5 Messages

• 

4 Points

@Carla_P 

i would just like to have my father adopt my plan without having to change any device. I can return the new modem and keep the old one. But apparently StarHub cannot be flexible enough and makes me pay $53.50 for a device change. 

This is quite unfortunate. I am relocating overseas and hence have to make this adjustments to shorten my fiber broadband. I hope StarHub can be more compassionate. 

Get Started

Get Started