One Data Point in Living Room, but need it for BOTH Ethernet and TV
- I am staying in landed house, have a terminal point inside a cabinet in the Kitchen.
- Starhub modem is connected to the terminal point at the back in the (inside cabinet of) Kitchen
- Modem internet is connected to Netgear router and the router internet (out) is connected to the 'pass through' in the Kitchen cabinet such that I can use the data point in my living room
- I am using mesh system (Netgear call it Satellite), and since the Satellite is far away from the Router which is closed inside a cabinet, I decided to use a wired connection (via the pass-through in kitchen, via the data point in living room) on my Satellite so that my internet connection can be stable
- For easy ref, it looks like this:
Starhub modem -> Router (Kitchen) -> Pass through point (Kitchen) -> Data Point (Living Room) -> Satellite
- Since I have used up the only data point in my living room, I have no way to use the TV that I subscribed.
- As far as I understand, the TV point from the modem and the Internet point are 'different', even though they both are RJ45 connection.
- Dilemma: If I connect TV point of modem to the pass through I can use for my TV setup box but can't have a wired connection for the Satellite; whereas if I connect Internet point of modem to the pass through I cannot use the TV
- My TV subscription is redundant now unless I switch it out at the Kitchen everytime I want to watch Starhub TV
Potential solution (that I have thought about but wouldn't work - I think)
- Getting an ethernet switch to connect to the living room data point so I have more points - but this wouldn't work because the signal of TV and Ethernet point (out from modem) are different - pls correct me if I'm mistaken. In fact, if this would work, I can simply use the Satellite data point (without needing the ethernet switch) to connect to the setup box in the living room
- Is there a device/adapter/switches that somehow allow me to connect both TV and Ethernet to Kitchen pass through and then for me to use the single data point in Living room such that I can use either Satellite/Ethernet Switch for BOTH TV and Ethernet? Manual switch is also acceptable if such thing exists.
Is there a solution for this?
I apologize if this is not clear, it is not easy to explain, so if you need more details please let me know. Thank you very much for your help.